Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #16221 
Shirleythebetta

Economics papers due tonight. I slacked off all week on them. Ahh well, I have until midnight. It's hard to get back into the routine of things after having two weeks off. I don't understand the logic of assigning two papers in one week the first week back. Oh well.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #16222 
ThePearlFish

I am sick and tired of this insomnia due to the depression and anxiety I have been dealing with lately >:( Seriously, my class starts tomorrow and I cannot afford to be half asleep all the time. >:(
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #16223 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I am sick and tired of this insomnia due to the depression and anxiety I have been dealing with lately >:( Seriously, my class starts tomorrow and I cannot afford to be half asleep all the time. >:(
what helps you to relax? Do you like to read? I have been trying out reading classic literature because it relaxes me to take myself into someone elses world. It also makes me terribly sleepy so I have been getting into the habit of reading a couple of chapters before bed. Better than a sleeping pill for me. If that doesn't work I have needlepoint and crochet as a backup.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #16224 
Rosso1011

Quote:
The best thing you can do to help yourself is to get busy. I cannot and do not know what is going on in your life but one of the best ways to treat depression is to do something mindful. When I start to struggle with depression, I force myself to exercise, hand wash dishes, or just pick up a broom or wash towel and just clean as much as I can. The sense of accomplishment helps to elevate the mood.

I know this sounds too simple or maybe even cold coming from another person but it seriously does help. Sometimes the only thing you can do is to force yourself to be active again or force yourself to enjoy things that you are having trouble appreciating.

Whether or not this will help out with the insomnia, I have no idea. I do know that once you start to feel better, that you should have an easier time sleeping.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #16225 
ThePearlFish

What is funny is that I don't get enough sleep, and I am so tired I could end up falling asleep in the middle of the day, but I don't allow myself to so I can fall asleep at night. Yet, I cannot seem to go to bed at a decent hour and then regardless of when I get to bed, early or late, it always has taken me between half an hour to 1+ hrs. to fall asleep.

I do get REM sleep, cus I dream, but I am a light sleeper and the fact that BF gets up before 5am for work doesn't help. I sometimes cannot fall asleep after that and then on those days I screw up my sleep schedule cus I end up taking a nap in the middle of the day on those days (unable to stay awake). The lack of sleep is what is making my emotions worse, among other things.

I am trying to find a therapist under my insurance plans to talk through my issues, cus I am just stuck in life right now.

What would be helpful is emotional support from someone, but since they are unwilling to give it to me, I am just getting worse and worse in my moods and more anxious.

I am always cleaning. That is ALL I do. I can't get any friends to do anything with me. I try to reach out to people and they don't care about me. All they care about is themselves and so I am all alone all the time. I read on occasion.

I am hoping school keeps me busy this semester so I can just push my feelings aside and forget about them for a while.

Unfortunately, though I can implement some of those things above, it is simply not helpful cus those aren't the issues I need to resolve. :(

I really appreciate the support from someone at least (sighh.. I really hate the sound of my whining...>.<).
Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #16226 
Rosso1011

I know it's difficult but sometimes you have to just try your best to push through, even without the help of "friends". I have had so many times when I felt like my friends weren't there for me or were to busy to have anything to do with me. In times like these, I just say "screw it", pick myself off the ground and do what I need to do to feel better. Unfortunately, depression can have the effect of driving some people away. Sad, but true.

I hope that you can find a way to help yourself to feel better. It hurts to know that someone I talk to is going through a rough time.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #16227 
ThePearlFish

I have dealt without friends pretty much all my life (the anxiety/depression stuff too), I am used to all of it by now. I don't trust people the way I used to. Shrugs, yea it is sad, but whatever.

I know I don't drive my friends away with my depression. I internalize everything, so I don't talk to them about any of my problems unless I can relate to something they say.

My BF actually said something the other day (though this can also apply to any individual from any generation to some extent). He said he noticed a lot of people around my age and the younger generations are getting more and more self-obsessed and don't know how to treat others as well. I do agree with this in some ways. Or maybe I just know how to attract those types of people.

PS- I know I am being ornery (or sounding it), but I don't know how to sound otherwise on the internet, lol. I don't feel this "affected" right now in real life. haha.

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 01-14-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #16228 
Rosso1011

Quote:

My BF actually said something the other day (though this can also apply to any individual from any generation to some extent). He said he noticed a lot of people around my age and the younger generations are getting more and more self-obsessed and don't know how to treat others as well. I do agree with this in some ways. Or maybe I just know how to attract those types of people.
I feel the same way a lot of the time. I live in an area where it feels like if you're not part of the gossip or involved in the gossip, well, then you just don't fit in anywhere. There seem to be very few people around here who will respect people who don't want to get involved in the drama. It might just be that I am so removed from it that I seem distant. I don't know but I feel like people make half-hearted efforts and I have trouble with that.

I heard a rumor from work one day that made me want to go back and slap someone. It was all because she internalized my actions to be something to do with it all being about her. Does it surprised me that this happened? No. Would I have been better off just being rude to her or just not talking to her at all? Apparently, so. I try to be nice to people and be interested in what they have to say but I often feel it gets turned around on me.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #16229 
Shirleythebetta

My big problem with my old friends is we have nothing in common. I am not addicted to drugs or alchohol. I am not into having kids with random men. I am education focused and in a stable marriage with a non-abusive man. I think the last think that severed my relationship with an old friend is when she told my mom about her boyfriend kicked her two year old daughter and she didn't do anything. As I said. I have no friends because I can't relate to them anymore. They are so different from me now and it amazes me any of us ever had anything in common.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #16230 
ThePearlFish

I too have difference concerns in life than a lot of my, well they are more acquaintances than friends. I only have one true friend other than my BF that I know will always be there for me, till we are old and grey and even she can be flaky sometimes :p

Them two and my dog. haha. That is why my dog is my soul mate, we are like one person and my dog will never screw me over like a human might. Plus, I don't believe in human soul mates anyways.

Tags
bettathanyou