Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #701 
eemmais

Periods, child birth, and shaving. :/
eemmais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #702 
Rosso1011

Shaving. Never really liked it because it seems no matter what I do, the skin on my legs always ends up dry or I manage to cut myself. Usually right around the knee.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #703 
ThePearlFish

I think hormones are making my hair on the crown of my hair fall out more O.O. I have an indentation there from an old injury and it feels sparser there..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #704 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
Shaving. Never really liked it because it seems no matter what I do, the skin on my legs always ends up dry or I manage to cut myself. Usually right around the knee.
Same here. Electric razors are the only reason why I still shave. I would use Nair and other products like that instead of a blade, but my hair is thicker than it can handle.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #705 
Rosso1011

Snowy, I had a bad reaction to Nair the first time I used it. That stuff is way too harsh for my skin. I've been thinking of going with an electric razor.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #706 
SnowySurface

A lot of electric razors are designed for faces, but Conair makes one for ladies. It does well with legs but is a bit bulky for air pits and bikini line(imo). The one I'm using now works well on my airpits and bikini line but begs for mercy when I shave my legs. I'm still looking for a good happy medium, but I like the Conair model better than my current model.

This is the version I used until it died.

http://www.soap.com/p/conair-satiny-...la&cagpspn=pla

This is the version I have at the moment

http://www.soap.com/p/conair-ladies-...um=tellapart_S

But there are a ton of other razors. These are just the two I've tried so far. :D

Last edited by SnowySurface; 01-16-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Found a link to the other razor
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #707 
bahamut285

I use a Men's razor to shave my lady bits and armpits. They are specifically designed for sensitive areas (face). I exfoliate first then I shave in three directions, once with the grain, then once across, then once against. Each time putting on a thin layer of men's shaving cream. Then after the shower I quickly blob with some cotton wool using isopropyl. After it dries, I use non-scented deodorant (for you lady bits, yes!). The deodorant contains a very mild moisturizer for sensitive areas (your armpits) and are perfectly safe for your mound
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #708 
RoMay

I just want to say if I were a man and I ventured into this IM I think I'd be terrified. Why? Well one forum I frequent the rant thread kept getting taken over by this subject.

Guys really have no clue what woman go through.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 AM   #709 
LittleBettaFish

I don't know how anyone shaves down there! Doesn't it make you itchy when it grows back and your undie line rubs against the stubble? Unless all you shavers are going sans undies haha.

I gave up on shaving and now just wax. Although there is always that first strip you tentatively lay on and hope to God you manage to get everything with one firm yank.

Waxing always freaked me out for the longest time after I went with my mum to get her legs done and the lady told us one of her customers had run out screaming because it hurt too much. Wasn't until I actually waxed that I realised it is no worse than getting pinched.

Was like how I worked myself up into some hyperventilating fit about bees and being stung for a majority of my life and then I got stung and it was the biggest non-event ever.

Need to go get my eyebrows properly shaped though. Mine have a tendency to go feral and I hate plucking out individual hairs. I'm always freaked I am going to accidentally pluck half my eyebrow off.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 AM   #710 
bahamut285

You just have to keep a strict shaving schedule to prevent stubble. It is itchy when it grows back but by that time it's already past the time to re-shave it XD

I really want to go get myself waxed (lady bits and shaping brows) but I would like to have some stable income before waltzing off to a spa/salon every few weeks.

Also regarding the bee stings, it was the same for me! I was so terrified until I actually got stung
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote