Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #1 
Racoon293

New tank setup questions

I'm gonna be moving my fish into her new 5.5 gal. tank next weekend. Got the tank, heater, and gravel. Will be picking up some silk plants and a better thermometer in the next day or two. I'm gonna use a coffee cup and a piece of PVC pipe as temporary decor til more funds become available and I figure how I want to decorate. ( thinking maybe a Viking theme!) Anyway, any special instructions on preparing the items before putting them in the tank other than a thorough rinse with plain water? Everything's brand new.
Racoon293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #2 
Sixwolf

I'd say you're mostly good to go, although you might want to get a filter. Some people opt to clean things with a little bleach or boil them, but that's up to you really. The only thing I boiled for my tank was my driftwood to get rid of critters and to make sure the tannins were gone.
Sixwolf is offline   Reply With Quote