Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #11 
AyalaCookiejar

I have three of the whisper filters, 2 that came with my five gallon kits and one just like the one you have for my ten gallon. I like the ones that came with the kits because they have a high/low flow switch on the back. One of them is silent and the other makes a constant vibrating noise :/ I have found that my 10i has a too strong of water flow for my liking so I baffled it.

Also, I'd do more research on live plants. He really needs more decor and those plants will need some kind of nutrient supplement like Seachem Flourish. There are many easy beginner plants that are known to be safe for bettas. I have personally never seen anyone recommend a banana plant as a beginner plant.

EDIT: also if you currently have no hood on the tank I would cover it with something until you get one. You wouldn't want him jumping out and getting injured.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #12 
nehemiahludden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I have three of the whisper filters, 2 that came with my five gallon kits and one just like the one you have for my ten gallon. I like the ones that came with the kits because they have a high/low flow switch on the back. One of them is silent and the other makes a constant vibrating noise :/ I have found that my 10i has a too strong of water flow for my liking so I baffled it.

Also, I'd do more research on live plants. He really needs more decor and those plants will need some kind of nutrient supplement like Seachem Flourish. There are many easy beginner plants that are known to be safe for bettas. I have personally never seen anyone recommend a banana plant as a beginner plant.

EDIT: also if you currently have no hood on the tank I would cover it with something until you get one. You wouldn't want him jumping out and getting injured.
how did you baffle the 10i filter cause it does make him seem to swim way more then he normally does. i don't like how strong the current is although i do think he will be a strong ass fish if it stays like it is but i don't want a strong ass fish i want him to be happy you know
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #13 
AyalaCookiejar

I just shoved some folded up filter foam in front of the cartridge. My ten gallon is going to house females so the flow is still kind of strong. If I were putting a male in there I would baffle it further.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #14 
nehemiahludden

o ok cool i will try that out.
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote