Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #1 
AyalaCookiejar

Question Another ammonia question

So you are supposed to shake the ammonia you have to see if it bubbles, and if it does it's not pure.

But, I've seen people use the word "bubbles" as well as the word "foam". Which am I trying to stay away from? When I shake my ammonia it will create bubbles for like one second that go away quickly. But it's just bubbles... no foam, and it disappears quickly. If you shake water, it will bubble too... right?

So I'm not sure what I'm looking for or if I should be concerned about this.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #2 
callistra

I just shook my Ace bottle and it does kind of bubble.. but the bubbles are clear, large and disappear pretty much as soon as I stop shaking.

On the ingredients label what does it say?

What brand is it?
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #3 
AyalaCookiejar

Well the ammonia I have came from my teacher. He put it in an old ammonia bottle that was like 10% ammonia and had surfactants in it but it was rinsed several times with tap water then with distilled water and I didn't know if there would still be some surfactant residue in that bottle that would cause issues.

The ammonia he put in it was aqueous ammonia and it was like 29% ammonia watered down a little bit with distilled water. I didn't see an ingredient label. I think maybe I can take a video of the bubbles I see when I shake it. The bottle isn't completely clear so its hard to see and the bubbles but they do disappear quickly.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote