Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sorry, I love betas and people talk about ignorant pet stores so I switched it up.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #12 
ozarks bullies

A few months ago a young woman approached me with a 1 gallon betta tank and asked me how many "Nemos" she could put in it. I explained to her that she needs a much larger tank for saltwater fish. She said, "No, I don't want saltwater, I just want these Nemos." Again I patiently explained that CLOWNFISH are saltwater. **Blank stare*** Finally I just said, "They will die in there!" and left it at that. It's a good thing she's pretty because she won't get very far otherwise.

Today a man asked me what other fish he could put with his 6" oscar. I asked him what size tank he's got. 10 gallons. I told him he could put a bigger tank with it
ozarks bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #13 
LeoTheLakerBetta

LOL! I hope he learned something that day xD
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarks bullies View Post
A few months ago a young woman approached me with a 1 gallon betta tank and asked me how many "Nemos" she could put in it. I explained to her that she needs a much larger tank for saltwater fish. She said, "No, I don't want saltwater, I just want these Nemos." Again I patiently explained that CLOWNFISH are saltwater. **Blank stare*** Finally I just said, "They will die in there!" and left it at that. It's a good thing she's pretty because she won't get very far otherwise.

Today a man asked me what other fish he could put with his 6" oscar. I asked him what size tank he's got. 10 gallons. I told him he could put a bigger tank with it
Oscars in a ten gallon is not as rare as you think.
I heard someone say onece they has an Oscar and green terror in a ten gallon. I read another person with a betta and 2 kissing gouramis in a 5 gallon.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #15 
Saphira101

I went in and a girl had a bag of goldfish and she said to an employee: "I only want enough food for five days" what did she mean?
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #16 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
I went in and a girl had a bag of goldfish and she said to an employee: "I only want enough food for five days" what did she mean?
i dont know the exact means she'll go about taking care of the fish for 5 days but its not going to end up well for the fish at all. though she may be using them as feeder fish in certain cases of predatory fish. still by no means an onem sign.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 AM   #17 
essjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
For some reason the easiest fish to care bettas is the one people fail at the most.
I think because people are told they are very easy to care for and can handle pretty much anything (yes I've been told that by a LFS), they think "Ooo, I don't have to do anything!" ..... Not to mention the conditions the poor little buggers have to contend with in some stores...

While I understand Betta's are on the hardier side, they aren't bulletproof!
essjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:10 AM   #18 
Saphira101

I went to the Betta isle of petco and two ladies were talking to each other, one was holding one of those *literally* pint-sized hexagon things and a Betta and was saying to the other: "we should rescue them from the pet store where they're kept in these little cups". Really, her hexagon thing was about the same size!!

GRRRRRR!!!!!
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #19 
NUNSTER

I can not stand people like that. Hence I have some family members I have nothing to do with. If they don't know something they will act like they do and if you correct them, I end up being treated like I a bad person or they can not take being wrong and stand by what ever they made up. It took me around four months before I chose how to set up the substrate for my tank. Why can't people spend an hour at least researching the pet they are getting.
NUNSTER is offline   Reply With Quote