Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #16241 
Sena Hansler

And yet, that is illegal! Parenting is a no-no, you know :p You'll crush the child's creativity. (Though really you are crushing their stupid behavior, and getting them back in line).
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #16242 
ThePearlFish

rant- I am trying so hard to grow out my nails and them not flake or break, yet I have to keep cutting them short since they keep flaking and breaking. I am not even putting nail polish on the so they can breathe too. I think the dry winter air has a lot to do with my weak nails.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #16243 
dramaqueen
Banned

Some parents think their children are perfect and give them everything they want, even pets theyy can't take care of properly. "Here kid. Here's $100. Go buy up Aquabid." Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #16244 
Sena Hansler

Vitamins! They'll help a lot.

Dramaqueen, I know a guy who was given .... GIVEN a 63'000 dollar truck. And he smashed it up... He laughed and said he was getting ANOTHER ONE from his dad.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #16245 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Vitamins! They'll help a lot.
You know, I really SHOULD start taking them I think. I heard biotin was good for nails and hair (which is falling out too >.<). I also try putting vaseline or lotion on my hands, but they get absorbed into my skin so fast cus of this dry air!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #16246 
Sena Hansler

Same here Vitamin E is also supposed to help a lot.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #16247 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I am not gonna go to my college graduation. I am gonna get my diploma, don't need to do the whole ceremony thing like in High School. I'll just wanna be away from school by that time :P
I'm going for a few reasons. To face my social fears, because my parents and husband deserve to see me walk up there, and since I never had a formal high school graduation. I went to college WITH no formal high school education. I was in school until 7th grade and was home schooled until I was 16 and dropped out. I went back to home schooling at 22 and got my high school diploma. I want someone to make a fuss over me for something. I have never had that. Plus I would like to have my cap and gown and I would love to know that I did it. That I smashed my fears to peices and succeeded. This degree means a lot to me because of my poor academic past and I want to prove to myself I can finish it all to the end. No matter how scared I am.

On to ranting-My husband took the night off of work and I was all excited thinking he was going to spend time with me. I saw him a half an hour that day. He wouldn't get out of bed or help me do anything. Just stared at the television and added more pop cans to his collection to leave for me. He is really sweet but sometimes a butt. -_-
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #16248 
Skyewillow

two separate rants:
My ex thinks that he's parent of the year for skimping on childsupport, and sending his son Christmas gifts almost a month late. THEN, he's STILL telling his friends that our son isn't his, even AFTER the paternity test! Moron, if Z wasn't yours, you wouldn't be paying support.

Also, I've told my fiance a thousand times not to rinse filter cartridges in super hot water or bleach them. The other night he comes in and tell me that he bleached the bio filtering cartridge. Last night, he noticed two of our male guppies missing. One was never found, but my male was on death's door because the water quality bottomed out. There was nothing I could do for Mullet.

I told him about it first thing this morning, and I hope he felt bad, because every single time he says he's going to trust my experience, he doesn't. And it blows up somehow. I love him to death, but I just wish he'd listen to me from time to time.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #16249 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I'm going for a few reasons. To face my social fears, because my parents and husband deserve to see me walk up there, and since I never had a formal high school graduation. I went to college WITH no formal high school education. I was in school until 7th grade and was home schooled until I was 16 and dropped out. I went back to home schooling at 22 and got my high school diploma. I want someone to make a fuss over me for something. I have never had that. Plus I would like to have my cap and gown and I would love to know that I did it. That I smashed my fears to peices and succeeded. This degree means a lot to me because of my poor academic past and I want to prove to myself I can finish it all to the end. No matter how scared I am.

On to ranting-My husband took the night off of work and I was all excited thinking he was going to spend time with me. I saw him a half an hour that day. He wouldn't get out of bed or help me do anything. Just stared at the television and added more pop cans to his collection to leave for me. He is really sweet but sometimes a butt. -_-
Totally understand the 1st part :)

And about the 2nd part- well, I have had those exact kinds of days with my person too.. :P
Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #16250 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Tired of rude,know it all children who have no respect for their elders or authority figures. These children need their parents to turn them over their knee and give them an attitude adjustment.

DramaQueen, I agree!!! I am a grown woman and I fear my parents (haha). Not literally, but I had a great amount of respect for them and they had no problem disciplining me if I ever lost that respect. The sight of my daddy's leather belt still sends shivers up my spine. If I even thought what these kids say to their parents, my daddy would light me up. To this day, if I speak out of turn, my mother would let me know it. Trouble is that there are so many rules and regulations and parents are too concerned with being "cool" nowadays. I am amazed at how kids speak to their parents or other adults. That is certainly not how I was raised!!!!
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou