Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I understand what you're saying and you're not being rude at all. I think what you're saying is that if you want to do the show stuff you really need to breed your own fish. But are there any alternatives for people who would like to show but not breed? Or do those things go hand in hand?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #12 
Basement Bettas

What happens is people take what they know of showing from the horse or dog world and see fish through the same eyes. I think other countries allow you to buy a fish and then show it. But here it is very different. US breeders will see your showing a fish you have not done 100 water changes on as unethical. So it probably is not WANTING to do that as much as wanting to show and trying to go about it the same way as with other animals. Hopefully we can provide the proper education.. that is what this section is all about.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #13 
aemaki09

I think that IBC shows, in the states, should be only for fish bred by the shower.
But it would be interesting to have shows for people that arent interested in or able to breed too. Maybe we could get someone to sponsor them through here or something since there seems to be a lot of interest. Taking a short video and picture of your fish in full flare, possibly an entry fee, getting someone who knows their stuff to judge, and paying out to the top 3 fish? I don't know if that would be possible on this site in any way, but I think itd be worth doing.

Last edited by aemaki09; 01-16-2013 at 01:46 PM.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #14 
DiiQue

<Previous content removed by poster>

I decided to create a new thread so as not to hijack this one. =)
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote