Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree, Kinetic. Thanks guys for debating this topic respectfully and calmly. I wish all threads could be like this one. It sure makes it easier on us mods. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #22 
nel3

i do believe the assault type rifle and high capacity clips should be banned again. it definetely wont stop some individuals that have them before the ban comes into effect but it makes no sense if those individuals decided to got to war against their neighbors and country. owning assault weapons is useless unless you're military or former military (and kept past weapons). hand guns can still prove to do their fair share of damage but theres just too much gun violence that some measures need to be taken

background and psych checks are also important to weed out the crazies but i dont think they'd get 100% mark immediately.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #23 
DiiQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
It is, before posting I made sure it was okay to post as some political threads are like WWIII. That is why I wanted to list rules and stuff just in case. It is really hard though because it is such a charged topic.

At the Virginia Tech Shooting, what ever his name (He doesn't deserve attention so there is no point in me looking his name up because of what he did, which he wanted lol) had a bunch of loaded magazines, none were 30 rounds I think they were 10 and 15 round mags I could be wrong. The problem is, these people spend a lot of time thinking these kinds of things through, enough time to obtain all the things they need, and also train so they become familiar and can reload in a decent time frame. It is sad, but until you do something that watches these people and put alerts on them, there is nothing we can really do. Criminals really do get what they want if they need it that bad.

For the CT shooting, didn't they say that they found the AR15 in the car? There is conflicting info, but there is a video where they pulled it out of the car. I would think he wouldn't be bale to go put it back in the car before he killed himself.

Okay I just discovered something http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/20...k-media-myths/ I watched the video. Okay so they said he used two pistols, and an AR15 do do the dirty deed (Sandy Hook Shooting). Then Today said there was no Ar15 and it was in the trunk and he used 4 pistols. But if you watch the video linked all the way through, or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc you will see something. The police officer removed a weapon from the trunk, but he checked if it had any rounds in it by the side, an AR you would do it from the rear, also a shotgun shell can be seen coming out, NOT a .223 Media does suck.

A friend of mine sent me this link... Interesting read, given that there are inconsistencies with what mainstream media said (the ar15 was in the trunk, there seemed to be more than one shooter, 911 calls saying such, etc)...

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/12...ut-of-control/
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #24 
kfryman

Wow thanks! I have an article for school now! I am actually thinking it would be the government because the lethality and the ability to kill so many people in such a small amount of time. Unless he bump fired, which would cause a loss of accuracy, that is the only way he could have gotten that many shots off. This is why I don't trust the government at all. They are deceptive and the people fall for it. We will be led into what the Jews were led into, one reason why holocaust survivors say banning guns is a bad thing. Plus you ban something, it shows you how easy that is to do and they will eventually ban more and more till we are a police state over run by criminals. The government is scared of what the people have at their hands because they have some equal power to the government.

The US has been a bully to other countries, we have seen this, like in the Spanish War, how long till they set their sights on their soil?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #25 
DiiQue

NP... I find it funny because I work for the government, so hopfully you can trust me. Hehehe. :)

Though I'm not in favor of any gun ban. Glad you can use the article. It definitely was an eye opener for me as well.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #26 
Boostedmopar

Hi everyone, I am a concealed pistol permit holder. I am going into the criminal justice field and I am personally against any kind of gun ban. The only people you would be taking them away from is good law abiding citizens. The bad guy will get a gun if they are banned or not. I believe anyone who owns a gun should have a gun safe. They are expensive though so I understand why not everyone, myself included could afford one. I think that the government should offer tax rebates on gun safes. I also support extensive background checks. I'm happy someone brought this topic up. We need to defend our second amendment rights.
Boostedmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #27 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

So what's up with Obama's new thing now?

Maybe it's just cause I'm Canadian but I don't see why people feel like they need the right to a gun just because. Like here, if you want a gun, fine and dandy, take these tests to show us you know safety and pay your fees and whatever there you go, license. Just like how you need a license to show you know how to drive a car, I'd say. I dno. Why do people need guns? To go hunting, sure. Criminally insane people out to do their thing. Those classic criminal types that gotta protect themselves. Maybe to make up for something you're lacking, to look/feel impressive to yourself and others (like those guys with hummers?) Maybe you're scared? I don't know, I don't go to bed in fear that my neighbor will turn on me or the government will come for me (and does anyone seriously think they can defend themselves if the government wants them? Doesn't the US spend like 50 billion on military a year? Yea, sorry citizens but you won't win, and I'm personally not romantic enough to believe in honor in that sort of stuff.)
I guess what I'm getting at is I don't see the point either way, but maybe that's because I've always been in a country with gun control and it's never phased me, I've never thought to myself "gee, everyone should be able to go buy one of those!"
And I rest my case as "neutral."
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #28 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I think that all assault weapons should be banned. You dont need an assault rifle to hunt or in self defense!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #29 
LittleBettaFish

I'm with you Olympia. I am Australian and our gun laws here are quite tough. Usually the only time you hear of shootings is when it is gang related, or when there has been some prior provocation that has led to violence. Other than that using a knife tends to be more common. Although the one difference is most of the knife victims I hear about usually survive.

I have never ever felt the need to carry a gun around to be safe. It simply blows my mind how accepting some people were as to the need for armed guards posted in every school after the Sandy Hook incident.

Also a lot of Americans (I don't know if I get a skewed view of things as I only read what is posted on this and other forums/sites) seem to be very paranoid about the motives and agenda of their Government. I think this feeds into the whole need for guns as a lot of the people seem to be convinced that they are going to have to rise up and overthrow their Government.

My dad has guns as does my grandfather because they shoot foxes and rabbits up on my grandparents' farm. So I am in no way anti-gun. I have shot a gun before when I was younger and understand that on a farm you may need them for hunting, protection or euthanising livestock.

However, I can't imagine ever needing a gun in the suburbs, particularly not the suburb we live in. Heck, most of the time our front door is unlocked when someone's home.

It's very interesting watching the whole debacle unfold from an outsider's perspective.

I do have to say though I lose respect for people that throw around words like 'dictatorship' and 'communism' when talking about having their rights revoked. I think those people should read up on places like Iraq and China if they want to know what it is really like to live under one of those regimes.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #30 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
and does anyone seriously think they can defend themselves if the government wants them? Doesn't the US spend like 50 billion on military a year? Yea, sorry citizens but you won't win, and I'm personally not romantic enough to believe in honor in that sort of stuff.
history is full of stories of small groups overcoming oppressive governments (look at all the "colonies," from america, to india etc who threw out the british, some of them at the height of their power) i think the time will come when every government, no matter how big, will fall to the power of small groups with colossal spirits.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote