Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #31 
Sena Hansler

Yes, that is a good idea. IF you, and only YOU want another fish, then you make that apparent and say you only want THAT fish and NO OTHER fish otherwise you'll give it away again. They want to waste their money on fish for other people, they can go ahead
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #32 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
I'm not allowed to sell fish. However, I'll try to do it... in secret
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #33 
Sena Hansler

Just give them away. Ask around school. Sneak the fish to their house, or something after an excuse of "going to the park/friend's house". I find it stupid you have to sneak around, but it has to be done. Some times, it is best ;)
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #34 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Just give them away. Ask around school. Sneak the fish to their house, or something after an excuse of "going to the park/friend's house". I find it stupid you have to sneak around, but it has to be done. Some times, it is best ;)
okay. I'm sick right now, so I'll probably do that when I get better
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #35 
Sena Hansler

Sorry to hear that you are sick.

I know this may not be a great option... but if you are unable to rehome the fish, or even get them to a fish store... Euthanasia (as a very LAST resort, ONLY to use IF there is NO other way including another tank, rehoming, pet/fish store, etc etc etc) may be needed. The fish are suffering from super overload of ammonia as it is, plus everyone is stressing everyone out. Otherwise I fear an outbreak of columnaris or ich or BOTH will be at hand...
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #36 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Sorry to hear that you are sick.

I know this may not be a great option... but if you are unable to rehome the fish, or even get them to a fish store... Euthanasia (as a very LAST resort, ONLY to use IF there is NO other way including another tank, rehoming, pet/fish store, etc etc etc) may be needed. The fish are suffering from super overload of ammonia as it is, plus everyone is stressing everyone out. Otherwise I fear an outbreak of columnaris or ich or BOTH will be at hand...
okay... I'll try to sneak out some fish today... if I can find my fish net

also, isn't columnaris deadly?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #37 
Sena Hansler

Yes, columnaris is caused from bad water quality and stress that has the immu system crash. It's highly contagious, and can wipe out a healthy tank in days or weeks. I've seen the starts and the endings of columnaris. Not pretty...

Is there anyone on here that is in your area perhaps? Put up an ad on here.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #38 
logisticsguy

I wonder what is up with some parents. Many many fish keepers are under 18. They are very connected emotionally to their pets and often have tons of knowledge regarding pet care thanks to the internet. Threatening to "flush fish down the toilet" or putting kids in unworkable situations is becoming much too common. C'mon parents get educated or at least start listening to kids who often know a heckofalot more than given credit. BTW I am a parent and my kids are way smarter than I am for sure.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
good grief more drama, hunger games!, obama!, oh i love drama, rose, yay?