Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #111 
AyalaCookiejar

I think your sorority tank looks great and heavily decorated!
I'm seeing some of the same silk plants I have in mine :p I like yours better but I decided against any decor that isn't plants for various reasons. I also want to add live plants when I get my new hood :) I'll get my girls tomorrow I think :D

I can't wait to see yours! I love the names, as usual :p sororities are just WAY to exciting, aren't they? :D :D :D
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #112 
Syriiven

It'll certainly have me stressed out watching them have a go at eachother. But they'll only be 3 months old and all siblings, so it may not be so bad. Some of the plants are connected to the decorations, so~ >.< I'm sure they'll be okay. I checked for any small spaces they could get stuck and they'll be fine I think.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #113 
AyalaCookiejar

Well I just couldn't find any decorations with big enough holes and enough holes :p I want plenty of holes so if a girl is being chased she can easily get away with plenty of exits, ya know?
I know I'll be stressed a bit but I already love my girls and I'm turbo-prepared, haha!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #114 
Syriiven

I'm considering taking a few days off work just so I can be home and keep an eye on them.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #115 
AyalaCookiejar

My birthday (2/27) is the day before spring break and I have that weekend off and have asked for all three days off so hopefully I will have 5 days in a row off, also I'll hopefully have my tank cycled and have my other girls by then... Soo exciting!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #116 
Syriiven

Squee~ this is going to be so much fun!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #117 
Syriiven

Added some pics of everyone today. Each time I do though, I feel like I'm forgetting a fish, then remember - Phy's gone :(

But Kale'cs growing into a double-ray CT, Demi's lost her green in favor of blue (her dorsal keeps going away, then growing back.....??), Slyph is now energetic, always hungry and a little more fearless. Sylvannas still eats daintilly -- And Seiya is definitely developing some darker teal and his marble pattern is moving.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #118 
Syriiven

So...I stopped adding 2 tsp of aq salt to my weekly water changes in the 10g, and they developed ich. Treating it now with 6 tsp aq salt added over 24 hours and heat cranked to 86F. Poor boys =( Removed the plants so they dont die, but...the nerites recently had sex through the mesh dividier...and now that i've added so much salt they're horny. Gary got over teh divider and I caught him motoring over to who is now 'Sid'ney. =/

Adding the last 2 tsps tonight and hoping they'll be okay.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #119 
Syriiven

Okie...Seiya and Kalec are in their 1 gallon qt's floating in the 10g both on 3 tsps of aq salt. The have two more days of this to be sure all the ick is gone, then after i do the water change on the 10g they're home free again.

Also, Seiya's continuing to change colors =) Just slightly, but he is.

Also got cuttlebone for the snails...and not sure how I feel about using cuttlebon. I mean, it's a heavilly fished fish and popular as a food in asia and europe...but I realy dont think any heavy fishing of any fish should be done, we're reaching a critical point of no return in our history - when we fish the oceans dry.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #120 
Syriiven

Pics of my 'assumed' alpha female, Nyx =D

Feb 2nd, I can't waaaaaiiit!!!