Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #281 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I seriously don't think this is contagious. My CT lived in the same tank my VT(who had the disease) had lived in. My CT lived in that tank for over 6 months until the plastic broke. I didn't even bleach the tank. I just cleaned it with white vinegar. And this CT is still alive to this very day.
See the gray patches around the snout? And behind the gill there? And the poor condition? He should have more meat on him. That boney ridge sticking out on his head.. should not be like that. That topline is bumpy .. not enough meat on him and it mycos tends to bump the spine up.

He has it.. it is a gradual wasting.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #282 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
For all we know it could be a stronger strain. We've been fighting off this one and like any disease known to mankind a stronger uglier one will come along.
Stronger strain of WHAT?

WHEN will you face the fact you are probably dealing with MYCOS? For crying out loud. Would you tell a Dr that says you have cancer that is just a resistant flu bug? ALL evidence points to mycos.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #283 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
Aquilies died this morning at 3 am, I stayed up all night with him. Since it was impossible to keep the body stable till 10 am that the nearest vet opened I gave him a river burial.
RIVER BURIAL? What the heck is that? You never put a diseased fish into ANY water body. Fertilize your roses. Burn them or triple bag them and land fill them. If you put that fish in a water system that is totally irresponsible.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #284 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
See the gray patches around the snout? And behind the gill there? And the poor condition? He should have more meat on him. That boney ridge sticking out on his head.. should not be like that. That topline is bumpy .. not enough meat on him and it mycos tends to bump the spine up.

He has it.. it is a gradual wasting.
Excuse me??
He is far from "wasting away". You don't see any spine. Any "patching" you see if likely from the glass being spotty. And FYI, unless you somehow have another view of that same shot, you cannot see behind his gills. The white or grey spot on his head was from him getting a spook from my BIL slamming his mug on the kitchen counter. I see no "bumps" on his topline. His topline is straight.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #285 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Excuse me??
He is far from "wasting away". You don't see any spine. Any "patching" you see if likely from the glass being spotty. And FYI, unless you somehow have another view of that same shot, you cannot see behind his gills. The white or grey spot on his head was from him getting a spook from my BIL slamming his mug on the kitchen counter. I see no "bumps" on his topline. His topline is straight.
That fish is not in a good condition. He is lean compared to what a happy healthy fish should be. And I can tell spots on a glass over ones on the fish. I have a pretty good idea of WHAT to look for as well as WHERE. His top line is not round and smooth and fleshed out. He is a bit hollow. There is a gre patch right behind his gill.. you can see the inflammation in the scales.

But I'm sure I don't know what I am talking about.. so just add salt and he will be better in the morning.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #286 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
That fish is not in a good condition. He is lean compared to what a happy healthy fish should be. And I can tell spots on a glass over ones on the fish. I have a pretty good idea of WHAT to look for as well as WHERE. His top line is not round and smooth and fleshed out. He is a bit hollow. There is a gre patch right behind his gill.. you can see the inflammation in the scales.

But I'm sure I don't know what I am talking about.. so just add salt and he will be better in the morning.
Apparently you don't. There are no "grey patches" and there is nothing wrong with him. Nit picking on someone's fish isn't something you should be doing(like the way you are) unless the person asks you to.

Lastly, if he wasn't fed properly then he would of already aten the shrimp in his tank.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #287 
Sakura8

Calm down, everyone, calm down.

Myco is a serious disease but let's not start to spread panic and let's not create an epidemic where they may not be one.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #288 
Reefing Madness
Banned

Every Post tonight has been the same thing BasementBettas. Why is that? They can't possibly all be the same thing.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #289 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefing Madness View Post
Every Post tonight has been the same thing BasementBettas. Why is that? They can't possibly all be the same thing.
Because it is VERY prevalent and no one wants to believe it. If you look at the head of that fish you can see patchy areas that are the start of the lesions. And there are already grey areas around the snout, If you look at the scales from the gill area back... you can see the start of it there in the scales. No need to believe me. That fish will prove me right in time. When he passes.. cut him open and look as all the pretty white speckles in all his organs.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #290 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

If every single fish has Myco then we should just stop keeping fish.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote