Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #11 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi Keith,
Since your thread is a log (spawn/breeding), I'm moving it to the "Spawn Log" section

BTW, congrats on your success.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #12 
keith1964

Seventh Spawn - HMPK Blue/Red Male x Yellow/Gold CrownTail Female (One of my first fry female spawned)
Attached Images

keith1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #13 
keith1964

Sixth Spawn HMPK Salamander Male x Yellow/Gold CrownTail Female

Female died.

Male is an egg eater so I could only save about 10 fry
1 x Long Fin Salamander CrownTail Male
2 x Mustard Gas CrownTail Female
3 x Pink Salamander/Cambodiam unsex
3 x Yellow/Gold CrownTail
1 x Pineapple
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #14 
keith1964

Unfortunately I have loss all my breeding pairs as I spawned them immediately when they were imported for me from Thialand. The downfall of imports they do not adjust to our waters for very long therefore I would spawn them immediately. As you would see in my threads that I have loss all my adults and now I have raised their fry for my future breeding programmes.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #15 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith1964 View Post
Unfortunately I have loss all my breeding pairs as I spawned them immediately when they were imported for me from Thialand. The downfall of imports they do not adjust to our waters for very long therefore I would spawn them immediately. As you would see in my threads that I have loss all my adults and now I have raised their fry for my future breeding programmes.
IMO/IME it's not due to water adaptation. It's more about care differences. I too can't keep a bought fish for long - same water, same climate. But my fry can live longer than the average bettas in my area. As long as you have fry, it's not a loss.

BTW, did you breed all the above pairs at the same time?
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #16 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
IMO/IME it's not due to water adaptation. It's more about care differences. I too can't keep a bought fish for long - same water, same climate. But my fry can live longer than the average bettas in my area. As long as you have fry, it's not a loss.

BTW, did you breed all the above pairs at the same time?

What do you mean by care differences?

And also, to both of you, how long do your imports last once they arrive to you? I'm planning to import atleast one pair in the next few months, but I dont know how soon after I'd be able to spawn them.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #17 
keith1964

Most of my imports lasted me only a couple of months, although I am doing everything right. Age my water and keeping at the correct temperature, good quality food and keeping tank glass clean. A few of my imports could not get a chance to spawn them.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #18 
joecool966

Man is it common to have parents dying after breeding? I breed my first betta and both parent was good and healthy afterward spawn about 100 or so and 70 live right now.
joecool966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #19 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith1964 View Post
Most of my imports lasted me only a couple of months, although I am doing everything right. Age my water and keeping at the correct temperature, good quality food and keeping tank glass clean. A few of my imports could not get a chance to spawn them.
Wow! I'll have to make sure I only import when I'm ready to spawn then. I've heard that imports dont last from quite a few people. Never been informed of why that could be though.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote