Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #11 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I agree. Give it some time to settle a bit before you make any big decisions.

Yep. I have an aqueon with a hand pump. Barely gets the poo off the sand. And it has a little plastic grate that keeps much from getting through.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #12 
LadyVictorian

I wish I had been lazy and not cleaned my tanks today. I wish I had just gone back to bed.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #13 
veilmist

I just read this, then went away, then came back. I couldn't get you out of my mind. I'm sure you are an amazing betta mom, maybe you could give it some time. This was not your fault, and don't let yourself think that. Aquarius was so lucky to have know real love from you, unlike other betta's that are kept in tiny, cold, dirty conditions for their entire lives. I wont tell you what to do, but I think that giving time before you make decisions might be good.
veilmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #14 
hannah16

Things happen, please don't beat yourself up.

When I was about 13 I had a betta that was in a cup because I was cleaning his tank. I forgot all about the tank and my fish because I had to do some dishes, dinner and laundry. My dad was wrapping up the dinner dishes and knocked the cup off the counter. He said to me "Was there something in this cup?" And I forgot so I said "No" (Side note: MY DAD KNEW MY FISH WAS IN THERE ...) And so my betta dried up on the floor when I found him the next day.

Recently my mom dropped off her dog to my house while she was doing some shopping. My BF Alex, got my a BEAUTIFUL silver metallic CTEE from WALMART of all places okay? And I was doing water changes and he was the last one to go into his new tank. Well, Ebony climbed up my dresser and she knocked his cup down, and she ripped the lid off and drank all his water and ate my baby up. I felt really really horrible knowing he was digested most likely ALIVE!!! Okay? I felt SO awful... But I refuse to give up betta keeping. I just love them too much.

Please think it over and I hope you don't get out of betta keeping. It's a wonderful hobby and now you know to be more careful like I know to NEVER leave betta cups on my dresser, they go IN my dresser now until I can place them into a tank.

It'll be okay.. It's sad but time heals all wounds. You may cry time after time for your loss but you've learned now.

Please think it over.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #15 
LadyVictorian

I don't know what to do about Bilbo Froggins Aquarius's tank mate, he won't come out of hiding, he won't eat, he won't move. I think he's in shock. He doesn't do good alone and my other two fish are either too aggressive or too small to be with him.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #16 
Bluewind

Then for his sake, see if you can find him a tankmate. Maybe go by all the places that carry fish tomorrow and see if you can find someone who calls to you. I'm not saying keep him or her for good, just maybe for now and make them a package deal for whoever wants them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #17 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I don't know what to do about Bilbo Froggins Aquarius's tank mate, he won't come out of hiding, he won't eat, he won't move. I think he's in shock. He doesn't do good alone and my other two fish are either too aggressive or too small to be with him.
I agree with the post above me.. Defiantly get him a tank mate to reduce his stress.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #18 
LadyVictorian

I don't know a none aggressive fish that can live with an adf other than schooling.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #19 
Bluewind

How big is the tank? Either way, why not go with a little female Betta? Short fins so no worries about Mr. Bil mistaking her tail for a treat and many are less agressive than males. I have read that CT can be a bit more agressive than the others, but that's just from forums and blogs.

Also, sent you a PM. My phone has a time limit, so if I don't press send, I get disconnected. Makes posting a pain as I have to go back and edit. PMs also are a bit cumbersome as I usually must send several. If I will have to edit a post or send another PM, I usually end it with brb. I just wanted you to know why my posts come out so weird sometimes
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-17-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #20 
LadyVictorian

It's a 5.5 cycled and lived planted.