Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #11 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Erm not necessarily, I don't know how they do it but it would have to be stable ore else it would fail. Maybe someone who does it could tell you?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #12 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage23 View Post
That's crazy they can get pneumonia! Awesome fun fact tho haha. Another question for all you awesome breeders, How do you keep all those jars warm? I've heard of using Zoo Med Repti Cable. Have any of you tried that?
Sometimes during the colder wet season a few may suddenly die without showing any signs of illnesses. I thought they must have suffered pneumonia because they're constantly wet in bad weather. LOL

Stable room temperature = stable tank temp. But even if the room's temp. slightly fluctuates, it shouldn't effect them because tank temp will experience slower temp changes. As long as they're not in cold water for too long (1 week).

My tubs are outside, some with direct rain, some get poured from the roof (don't know the right word). Temp. may range around 75 - 77F (mid season). Fry survive as long as it doesn't stay at that range for 1 week (or more) straight. When ever we have sun (usually 2-5 hours/day), temp. rises. My point is; slight fluctuation won't hurt them. Not even newly hatched fry. As long as it's not constantly low.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #13 
Mirage23

Alright thank you guys a bunch! Also, have any of you cultured MW? I've watched some YouTube videos on it but was curious how you did it and what helped you.
Mirage23 is offline   Reply With Quote