Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #11 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
are you gonna put more girls in it?
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #12 
Xaltd1

To which of us is that question directed?
I'm thinking of "rehoming" my mystery snails so there will be less of a bioload on my fish. I wish I could get plain ol' pond snails. When they breed, the eggs/baby snails make a nice betta snack. Even mystery snail feelers make a betta snack, too :0(
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #13 
Juicebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy314 View Post
are you gonna put more girls in it?
4 girls in my tank right now,i was hoping for a fifth when i bought my fourth girl but i couldnt find any that looked the right size or healthy enough or had colours i was lookin for..

80 percent of the females in petco/petsmart seem to be cambodians,i allready have 1 so i did not get any more of them..

i might get a fifth girlin the coming week or two if i spot any nice ones,im keeping my eye on the classifieds section here hoping to find cheap females but its expensive for them when you factor in the shipping,much easier and cost effective to get a 1-3 dollar fish at petco.i figure ill get more tanks in future when im in a bigger house and then ill have more knowledge and can stock it with beautifull half moons from breeders..
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #14 
Juicebox

little update

day 11 of my sorrority and all is good in the tank, a couple of fins were nipped but havent seen any new nips in 3 days or so,they dont really even chase each other any more, the blue ct alpha might chase one aay if they get too close but she doesnt chase all over the tank,she will just dart at them about an inch in distance then everything is cool again..

lookin good.ill update when anything happens
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #15 
Juicebox

little update,with pic of the new red veil tale i had added last into my tank.. regular little vt nothing special but very shy and a great addition to the sorrority

Name:  new red female.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  62.8 KB
Old 01-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #16 
carbonxxkidd

I have a very docile little red girl too in my sorority! I got 8 of my girls at Petco and the other one at Petsmart. They've all been in there for almost a month now and are getting along swimmingly. I only noticed one real fin nip and that is healed now. There's a bunch of photos of my girls/tank in my albums. :) Good luck with yours, it's a beautiful tank!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #17 
Fishybitty

Juicebox- is your 14g from Petco??
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #18 
Juicebox

yes 14g aqueon kit i got a while back for about 70 bucks i believe.came with heater,filter hood and food,not a bad tank..
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #19 
Juicebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
I have a very docile little red girl too in my sorority! I got 8 of my girls at Petco and the other one at Petsmart. They've all been in there for almost a month now and are getting along swimmingly. I only noticed one real fin nip and that is healed now. There's a bunch of photos of my girls/tank in my albums. :) Good luck with yours, it's a beautiful tank!

thank u, i like yours too.. good luck with your little beauties!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #20 
Fishybitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
yes 14g aqueon kit i got a while back for about 70 bucks i believe.came with heater,filter hood and food,not a bad tank..

Alright thank you! I was looking at this the other day at Petco and it got me interested
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote