betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #61 
carbonxxkidd

Omg those EE girls are so adorable!!!!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #62 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks I got all three from Mo.

The dragon is about 2 months older than the EEs... They are so tiny :) I've never had such small bettas before... All three handled shipping quite well, too. Okami, the dragon, still has some fin damage, but Stellas fins healed up quickly and all of them have been eating for me super well since I got them. They are really active and spunky.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #63 
Shadyr

Shadyr's new Sorority in the worksish

It's nice seeing everyone's girls!

Finally got at least...a picture of all of mine. If there's one thing my bettas have in common it seems to be an abhorrence of anything that can take a picture. Camera = SWIM AWAY FAST! And the good camera battery ran out and I couldn't find the recharger, so there's the additional handicap of taking pictures with phone.

So off we go! First, the three who are already in the tank!

Christmas, a greenish/tealish and red crowntail
Name:  christmas1280.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  80.1 KB

Shine, a golden yellow veiltail, who also seems to be the leader of the pack
Name:  shine1280.jpg
Size:  43.2 KB

Snowflake, a mostly white crowntail who will no doubt marble up on me She's the smallest of the three in the tank.
Name:  snowflake1280.jpg
Size:  70.0 KB

My two girls who are in the wings:
Minnow (Permanent name once she grows up a little more) was a transparent silvery grey slip of a thing with signs of SBD when I brought her home. She's sharing a small tank with my lonely ADF while she grows a little. the SBD signs cleared up in a couple of days, and she's gaining color and losing the stripes. I'm guessing based on her size and color that she was barely older than those Baby Bettas.
Name:  minnow1280.jpg
Size:  36.5 KB

And finally, Shimmer, whose first stint in the tank did not end well. She seems to be recovering nicely and if she continues to do well, she can go back in. She's a tough gal - I wasn't sure she was going to make it at first. FWIW, she got sick, she wasn't hurt by the other girls. She's a double ray CT.
Name:  shimmer1280.jpg
Size:  50.3 KB

And they have friends. You probably saw the tetras in some of the other pictures. There are 7 neons and 4 glowlines, who all seem to flock more or less together.

The cleanup crew is currently:
2 Threeline Corydoras
Name:  cories1280.jpg
Size:  69.0 KB

And 2 Golden Dojo Loaches, who would not cooperate by being in the same area to be photographed together. Very wiggly too.
Name:  goldenloach1280.jpg
Size:  64.4 KB

And last but not least, the tank itself. I have it set on timers to do daylights for 8 hours for the plants, and the rest of the time it's on the "nightlights".

Daylights
Name:  36gdaylights1280.jpg
Size:  95.5 KB

Nightlights
Name:  36gnightlights1280.jpg
Size:  59.3 KB

And last but not least, I forgot to show you my other catfish!
Name:  catfish1280.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  38.2 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #64 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
And last but not least, I forgot to show you my other catfish!
Just need to say this is amazing. :D
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #65 
AyalaCookiejar

I love yellow females so much <3 and cats, lol.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #66 
Shadyr

Jasper very much approves of the new tank - apparently it's like HBO for cats. His favorites are the loaches.
Attached Images

Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #67 
carbonxxkidd

He is so cute! I love big orange fluffy kitties. :)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #68 
Kitty Whiskers

Unhappy I'm too late :(

Wow this really makes me sad because my whole sorority of 12 Bettas in my 30 gallon tank all just died one by one over the last couple of months from a mystery illness except for one female Betta left that is still barely clinging to life. *SIGH* I guess that leaves me out of this contest. *I am heart broken at the loss of all my special Bettas*

Anyway.... good luck to those lucky Betta owners who have such wonderful female Bettas and fantastic sorority tanks. These pictures are beautiful!

Last edited by Kitty Whiskers; 01-17-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #69 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
Wow this really makes me sad because my whole sorority of 12 Bettas in my 30 gallon tank all just died one by one over the last couple of months from a mystery illness except for one female Betta left that is still barely clinging to life. *SIGH* I guess that leaves me out of this contest. *I am heart broken at the loss of all my special Bettas*

Anyway.... good luck to those lucky Betta owners who have such wonderful female Bettas and fantastic sorority tanks. These pictures are beautiful!

OOh! I am so sorry to hear that! I had something like that going around through my sorority too. only it happened faster, I think most of my girls were dead within 2 weeks. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully your last girl survives!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #70 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
OOh! I am so sorry to hear that! I had something like that going around through my sorority too. only it happened faster, I think most of my girls were dead within 2 weeks. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully your last girl survives!
Thank you, and yeah the last female Betta, Violet is doing better since I added Kanaplex to her hospital tank. The last Cory Cat that was in the 30 Gallon is in the hospital tank with her and is doing better as well. I sure hope they make it!
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote