Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #71 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Really Shirley? I thought just anyone could be a gun in America.. :s
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't understand what you mean by that.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #72 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Really Shirley? I thought just anyone could be a gun in America.. :s
Posted via Mobile Device
just about anyone (in most states, anyway) can buy a gun and keep it in their home, it takes a license to hunt, or to carry one with you (concealed carry) if you were to walk around with one in an open holster on your belt, it would be considered brandishment which is also a criminal act unless you work a job where such is required (cop, bodyguard, etc). i'm not sure where the law sits on keeping one in your car, but i'm sure in a lot of areas that requires a concealed carry as well. at my job it's an automatic termination offense to have one in your car in the company parking lot, even if you have a concealed permit.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #73 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
just about anyone (in most states, anyway) can buy a gun and keep it in their home, it takes a license to hunt, or to carry one with you (concealed carry) if you were to walk around with one in an open holster on your belt, it would be considered brandishment which is also a criminal act unless you work a job where such is required (cop, bodyguard, etc). i'm not sure where the law sits on keeping one in your car, but i'm sure in a lot of areas that requires a concealed carry as well. at my job it's an automatic termination offense to have one in your car in the company parking lot, even if you have a concealed permit.
In Ohio with a liscense you can have one in your car as long as the place doesn't have a sign stating that no firearms are allowed on the premises. If you are legally allowed to carry one you are allowed to conceal it and it is required for you to conceal it on your person or in your car. You have to be careful the type of place you are going to. That's the reason we don't carry them when we go to town. Only when we go hiking and with the forest rangers permission. Also some county's and towns don't allow concealed weapons even with the liscense. If you are going to have your gun on you it is wise to call the counties you are going through ahead of time and acutally recommended by the sheriff's office. If you get stopped for your driving you have to tell the cop you have a weapon and are legal. This way you save yourself headaches.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #74 
Bluewind

I just wanted to clarify a few things.
1. My dad walked in on a robbery which he prevented. That was a 1 time rare thing that could have turned bad if the wouldn't have been there
2. My doors are unlocked most of the time and I do feel safe, but there has been 2 occasions in 9 years where someone came down my dead end road with bad intentions and one did not stay long and the other sat and waited on the sherif
3. To carry a weapon in public, you have to pass a test, show proper gun handling, pass a background check, and be approved by the local sherif. Carrying a gun that is not 100% visible at all times is a violation of the law and can result in a fine or penalty
4. To buy a weapon at all, you must provide a drivers license and fill out some paperwork. If you pass the background check, you may buy the gun. The gun will be tied to you, so you can be held liable for any crimes commited with the gun.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-17-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #75 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
3. To carry a weapon in public, you have to pass a test, show proper gun handling, and pass a background check. Carrying a gun that is not 100% visible at all times is a violation of the law and can result in a fine or penalty
brb

Posted via Mobile Device
I know about the test and proper gun handling and backround check but I thought that a concealed weapon had to be concealed if you are legal to carry it so you don't... freak people out or something? Or are you talking about none liscensed? Sorry I'm having a brain fart which I seem to be having a lot today. I blame college burning my brain out. I can't comprehend anything today.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #76 
Bluewind

A concealed weapon is any weapon that is not fully visable at all times. The person with the permit can carry the weapon into a business and many places that others cannot and it cannot be reveled unless absolutely necessary. Other guns can be carried visabily in certain areas only like private property, shooting ranges, and so on.

By the way, a "brb" at the end of my message means my time is running out and I have to submit before I loose my post and go back and edit to finish.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-17-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #77 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
A concealed weapon is any weapon that is not fully visable at all times. The person with the permit can carry the weapon into a business and many places that others cannot and it cannot be reveled unless absolutely necessary. Other guns can be carried visabily in certain areas only.
Posted via Mobile Device
OH! duh, okay. Back on track now, thanks.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #78 
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
I think these laws are determined by the individual states. In Kentucky you can open carry and also keep a loaded gun in your vehicle as long as it is in plain view or contained in a glove box or console.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf
http://www.gunlawguide.com/Kentucky.htm

http://www.gunlawguide.com/Tennessee.htm
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #79 
kfryman

People don't *need* anything but food, shelter, or water, we still have those. I saw something on Facebook, it was you don't need an AR15, but Rosa Parks also didn't need to sit in front of the bus. It is apples and oranges, but if someone wants to bring up the you need. You cannot say, you don't need them, as any people in more remote areas may depend on a gun to hunt. A semi automatic rifle is a good thing to have hunting, an AR15 is a semiautomatic rifle, a SKS is a great example of a rifle that is militaristic but it is great for hunting, it is related to the AK and could be classified as an "assault" rifle. Again these are all rifles not assault rifles please stop using assault, once you say that a random person will think you know nothing as that is a select fire weapon capable of fully automatic fire. I want pro gun control people to be educated.

Again people in rural areas have to deal with wild animals that can maul them, a wild hog that can kill you is most likely not going to die from one shot, let alone stop it. A bit action rifle you may miss, that couple seconds could kill you.

I totally support mental health checks, as long as they are either cheap so the poor can still buy a gun to hunt for food if need be or just as home defense. I am not paranoid I am gonna get attacked, I wouldn't care a gun if I really needed to, I am not afraid that some guy may rob me, I don't think that way. What is bad about having a gun in your home, in a safe that is bolted to the ground, and only you and someone that has skills handling guns has the combination. If I had kids I'm not gonna let them play with them, playing with guns leads to accidents.

Can someone answer why we should ban a rifle because of looks rather than a hammer that kills more people? The price it will cost doesn't make sense, if we weren't trillions of dollars in debt, maybe we could, but I could name a lot more things more important than banning something by looks, not function.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #80 
Shirleythebetta

I don't think anyone can properly answer that convincingly. People don't get it. A gun isn't going to get up and shoot anyone. Its a tool... like a hammer. If you miss use a tool you are going to end up with a bad result.

And yes, people define an assault weapon by looks with no real knowledge. If it looks mean it is mean in Their eyes. They will always compare all military guns as assault weapons.

You mention Rosa parks, that started me thinking about book and music bans its all the same thing. They call the ones supporting guns extremists but I think those that ban things for our protection are the real extremists. Look at history and even today. Banning music, books, peta is a sub-group all its own. I have yet to see the NRA go over the top.