Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #31 
Sparrowhawk

Haha, I doubt anyone could be as bad as this dude. He seems to think he's an expert, but he's not. If he's in a role where he has the opportunity to roam and basically do what he likes, he does fine, but he insists on playing supports and just feeds both himself and the carry to the enemy team (I always play a carry). So whenever he's online, I say to my boyfriend, "Nope, I'm out, have fun with him. I'll just put my headphones on so I can't hear you berating him over Skype."

Hmm, I could get some little pots, but I haven't been able to find this particular kind anywhere but online (I know, ridiculously fussy). It's not necessarily a bad thing that I actually had to attach them to the driftwood already, considering it's what I was going to do when it came time for the overhaul anyway, I just wasn't planning to do it so soon. To be honest, it looks better than it would have with all of the little pots, I'm just being grumpy about not getting my money's worth. That's not like me, I usually like buying ALL OF THE THINGS! and making everything pretty at whatever cost... I think my stingy partner's rubbing off on me too much, haha.

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #32 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm stingy with my money but it doesn't mean my fishies can't be spoiled.

And I know what you mean. League is totally plagued with those types of idiots, lol.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #33 
Sparrowhawk

I've stopped spending on pretty much everything so I can spoil my fishies. I don't have a lot of money, but what I do have doesn't last long when it comes to them, once the bills are paid of course. >.<

You said you play League sometimes. If by some chance we're on at the same time and you'd, my summoner name is Sparr÷whawk, feel free to add me if you like. Or my smurf account is Frank N Hurter, hehe. ^.^
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #34 
Sparrowhawk

I'm really excited! The new thermometer for Weehawk's tank arrived today. It's teeny-tiny and blue, no hints of red. He cannot stand the colour red, so I've had to take the temperature of the tank several times a day, while distracting him from the evil thermometer. When I put the new little blue one in, he flared for a bit, then seemed to realise it was not the usual big bad red one, and spent a little time checking it out, investigating it, and then paid it no further attention. Woohoo! That's one problem solved.

Another package came today. Aquarium salt, and no fish food... I'm a bit confused, I'd have thought the whole order would be in the package. I have a bad feeling that they just didn't include the pellets, and don't intend to send another package with the rest of my order. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for one more day, then send the company an email. The only reason I haven't been running around to different stores trying to find NLS pellets in the last couple of weeks was because they were meant to be coming in the mail with the salt... Lame.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #35 
AyalaCookiejar

Hmm, that is lame! When I ordered my stuff off Petco, there were like 3 separate orders that shipped in three separated packages each. So I had like 9 different packages for 3 orders... But I don't know why they would do that unless the food was estimated to take longer to ship...
You didn't get any tracking information?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #36 
Sparrowhawk

I'm really excited! The new thermometer for Weehawk's tank arrived today. It's teeny-tiny and blue, no hints of red. He cannot stand the colour red, so I've had to take the temperature of the tank several times a day, while distracting him from the evil thermometer. When I put the new little blue one in, he flared for a bit, then seemed to realise it was not the usual big bad red one, and spent a little time checking it out, investigating it, and then paid it no further attention. Woohoo! That's one problem solved.

Another package came today. Aquarium salt, and no fish food... I'm a bit confused, I'd have thought the whole order would be in the package. I have a bad feeling that they just didn't include the pellets, and don't intend to send another package with the rest of my order. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for one more day, then send the company an email. The only reason I haven't been running around to different stores trying to find NLS pellets in the last couple of weeks was because they were meant to be coming in the mail with the salt... Lame.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #37 
Sparrowhawk

Ooh. A life-related thing I'd forgotten to add before. I'm starting to get the itch for some more tattoos. I already have my shoulders done, my left thigh, right calf, right forearm and my Trekkie badge on my chest, but I really want that Dune quote I've been dying for for ages... And the backpiece I've had planned since primary school. That one will probably be done last though, due to both cost, and not being able to draw a design I'm happy with. I want dragon wings, but with a biomechanical spine on top of my own. All of my tattoos and the ones I have planned have something to do with something significant in my life, or things I have adored since childhood. Just because I can, I'll list 'em:

Offspring logo: I've been a fan of this band since early primary school, and their show in 2004 was the only one my mum and I got to go to (of a big band, not a small pub gig) before she died in 2006, so they'll always hold an extra-special place in my heart. I got their logo on my left shoulder on December 29, 2011.

AURYN: I've loved the Neverending Story since I can remember, and decided to get AURYN on my right shoulder because it symbolises protection, making "good" choices and general anti-badness, hehe. It also co-ordinates with the logo on my left shoulder.

Star Trek Commbadge: Again, something I've loved since I can remember. Also love the values presented by Star Trek in general (not including Original Series, mainly TNG, VOY and DS9) with respecting people regardless of origin or background, investigating before passing judgement among other things.

Owl: I wanted to get a tattoo in memory of my mum, but not the usual heart with a date of birth and date of death. I decided to instead get an owl, because she collected many owl figurines and it reminded me of her. I plan to get a frog as well when I decide on the right one because she also loved froggies.

"Don't Dream It, Be It": The Rocky Horror Picture Show is probably my favourite thing in the world, ever. I'm fairly sure I was introduced to it at too young an age (I first saw it when I was 4, but was only allowed to watch the songs, none of the blatantly suggestive scenes, and none of the violence until I was older) and it has been one of the things that has had a massive impact on who I am today, my interests and tastes. I thought "don't dream it, be it" was the best quote to have permanently on my body, as not only is it from my all-time favourite film and musical, it's also pretty darn inspirational.

I cannot include my latest tattoo, as it does not comply with forum rules, but it isn't what you're probably envisioning. It's simply a symbol that represents an alternative lifestyle, nothing lewd or offensive, but an explanation isn't appropriate here.

I really want to get my Dune quote next: "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer." I feel it's something I would do well to remember every time my anxiety gets the better of me, or when I'm simply apprehensive about approaching a task I want to do, so I can just keep my mind on task and basically shoot for the stars.

All very lame and sappy I know, but it's my skin, so nerrrr.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #38 
Sparrowhawk

Ranty post for this morning! Ouchie, my back hurts an awful lot today, and I've got to do what feels like a ridiculous amount today. Running errands for my grandma, shopping for some "nice" clothes that fit in preparation to go clubbing tonight, and paying the insurance for my apartment at the bank. It's not really that much when you think about it objectively, just while I'm sitting here, pondering whether or not to take a double dose of painkillers (I prefer not to medicate, as I don't want to build a tolerance and make my liver suffer as well as my spine, one body part doing badly is quite enough!) it feels like I'm being asked to perform an impossible task.

All the whining aside, I'm going to go ahead and do it, everything will get done and I'll have time to spare, like I always do. I have no idea what I'm going to do for "nice clothes" though. I'm inexperienced with plus-size shopping these days. I had a couple of years where I could shop anywhere I liked, and now that I've put weight back on I'm a bit lost! It seems nothing is made for hourglass figures anymore, as everything I find that does kinda fit, is far too baggy in the waist, or far too tight in the hips. I've been blessed/cursed with a classic hourglass shape and it's stupidly hard shopping for it. When I was thinner I could just throw some shorts on with a tank top and be done with it, and if I was going clubbing, an accent shirt or accessories and some nice boots, done! Now I'm a bit lost. I don't feel very girly, and most shorts look ridiculous on me at the moment. I could go with some black pants and combat boots, if I find some pants that fit.

Blah! Not even sure if I want to go clubbing. I'd rather just hang out with the friend who invited us, but she's going out. She's not having a very good time of late so I'd like to spend time with her, I just don't feel like doing the clubbing routine of primping and pampering myself, wearing things I'm not comfortable in and peacocking around the CBD. Not really my thing anymore. I had my time where I looked fabulous every time I set foot out of the house and it ended quite some time ago, when I realised I looked just fine in more regular clothes and makeup (if I felt like it) and the discomfort really wasn't worth it!

Ah well. Woe is me. Blah blah blah.

Really happy that the weather didn't feel as bad as was forecast yesterday! I didn't have to break out the chilled water I'd conditioned to cool the boys down, which is good. Being an inexperienced fishkeeper I'm still nervous that I'll fluff it somehow and cause more harm than good trying to stabilise the temperature.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #39 
AyalaCookiejar

Ha, I understand the clothes thing (nothing fits!). Shirts are always too loose and too short, pants/jeans are too tight around my thighs and huge around my waist. They just do not make clothes that fit me, ha. Plus I don't like wearing shorts ever (plus you're in Australia... I was about confused because it is freezing here, lol). I'm pretty thin... Probably too thin. But shorts make me feel uncomfortable. I can't even wear short sleeves if its cooler than 80 degrees because I get cold easily D:

I don't know what to say about the fish because it never gets warmer than 75 degrees in the house, even in summer..
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #40 
Sparrowhawk

Feelin' some pretty intense jealousy at the top temperature in your house! Here, during summer it's not uncommon to have days over 100║F and we don't have air conditioning in my apartment, just double brick walls that absorb heat and cold very well and retain it. >.< I'm most often found hibernating in front of a fan, periodically spraying myself with water, haha. I've often thought about moving to somewhere in the northern hemisphere for the much cooler weather. I'm just not built for the heat, heh.

I find it somewhat odd that clothing companies don't make a variety of cuts of each item. I've found one store that does, and it's brilliant. They have jeans for short legs, long legs, hourglass figures, pear shape and the list goes on. If more than this one plus-size shop did it, I'd imagine there'd be profit to be made, because their products would fit a wider variety of people without alterations. Hmm.