Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #61 
Neco

do any of you have betta's that "dance" up and down the tank when you go to their tank? mine gets going so hard he slams into the bottom! Also the old tank I had, used a weird filter and he would swim down to get sucked up then swim out? I got a new tank and put a pump protector on the intake but he still swims around it. He likes to burrow under stuff and it freaks me out because I don't see him in the tank but if I shake his food he runs out like a mad man. Is Ninja just weird or should I be worried?
Neco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #62 
Neco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist with a betta View Post
Mine likes to watch Doctor Who with me. Whenever it's on he will swim to the side of the tank near the telly and just hang out. I do believe both I and my fish are Whovians.
Mine too I thought it was just me lol. The last one on about the snowmen I stopped watching and shook my head and there was Ninja watching too.

My husband bought him because he is TARDIS blue lol
Old 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #63 
Neco

Oh and Ninja spits water out of the tank he has ruined my tissue box, school papers and hit me in the eye because I ignored him. I have glass beads and when spitting is not a option he drags on up and drops it to make a loud noise. He has never flared at me just his own reflection when it's dark in here during the day he can see him self. He normally hangs out next to me unless he is going to spit on on me then he moves to the middle of the tank so he can aim through the feeding window. I have had him jump through the window and get stuck in the hole so I poked him through and lowered the water so it's harder to jump out. My husband said it was because he was trying to get my attention and I got up and left.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #64 
Bluewind

Omg! I love Ninja's personaity! And I thought Gus had spunk
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #65 
Neco

so all normal you think? My husband calls Ninja the brain because he is smart. The spitting I was confused over and I kept thinking my tank was leaking until I saw him soak the tissue box
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #66 
Demysta

Orpheus has stopped being timid and gone into full spunk mode. Just last night he began to have the funniest little personality quirks. Whenever I approach the tank, he starts making little zig-zags and starts swimming up and down to get my attention. And when I get to his tank he starts wiggling his tail.
The best part now is his feeding him! He has become a grade A fatso. Whenever I lift the cover off his tank to get ready to feed him, he goes berserk and starts jumping up out of the water or floating with his mouth open waiting for the food to drop from the heavens! He's gotten into the habit of being so impatient he literally jumps up and steals the food right out of the fingers when I hold it up over his head. Scared the crap out of me when he started doing it, and now he won't stop.
Demysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #67 
Artist with a betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neco View Post
Mine too I thought it was just me lol. The last one on about the snowmen I stopped watching and shook my head and there was Ninja watching too.

My husband bought him because he is TARDIS blue lol
I have been looking all over the web trying to find a TARDIS aquarium toy. I found one, but the website was in Korean and the TARDIS was yellow.

I'm with you on that I did not get the christmas special at all, I can't find the story line on the snowmen ether.

Last edited by Artist with a betta; 01-17-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Artist with a betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #68 
Rosso1011

Daisy seems to like to flare at her food. She's such a feisty little thing.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #69 
Bluewind

Quote:
I have been looking all over the web trying to find a TARDIS aquarium toy. I found one, but the website was in Korean and the TARDIS was yellow.

I'm with you on that I did not get the christmas special at all, I can't find the story line on the snowmen ether.
*hugs all the Whovians*
Honey, I'm home!
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #70 
stagmanv835

Quote:

I actualy have a spare blue tardis aquarium toy that came with a discounted kid`s tank i bought for a hostpital tank
stagmanv835 is offline   Reply With Quote