Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #1 
AyalaCookiejar

What is this?

My girl Lotus here has a light spot on her head. It doesn't look fuzzy but she is tiny so its kind of hard to see, even in person. Does this look alarming to anyone? I am going to contact who I purchased her from and see if it was there before. She's super active and eating well, but I didn't notice this before because she was pale from shipping. I've only had her for 8 days, now.

Anyone know what this brown fuzzy stuff is growing on my tank ornament? There's also slime mold on there (whiteish cottony like stuff) growing all over it, but this brown stuff is new and its also small and hard to see even in person, but I think it looks kind of fuzzy-ish. Alarming or not?

Thanks!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #2 
Myates

Damaged scales, if it looks like dandelion feathers then fungus.. columnaris possibly.

Wash the decorations each week during water change to remove the slime mold.. bleh.

The brown looks like it could be a piece of food she may of spit out that is disintegrating.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #3 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks... I hope it's not columnaris :( also, it doesn't look like dandelion feathers... It does sort of look dusty, though.

But I am positive that it is not food. I don't know what it could be... but the food, when it disintegrates, does not look like that... I know, because my blind CT's food sinks a lot. I know what all the types of food I have look like when they disintegrate... and none of them are that dark. Plus, that decoration is in my male VTs tank and he NEVER lets the food sink.

:/ It looks like it is growing... fuzzy. When the foods disintegrate, they start to fall apart. This is not doing that. I'm just really lost on what it might be :/
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote