Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #11 
twolovers101

D'aww, that's really cute xD

Also... er... flaring isn't bad for bettas at all... it's completely natural and actually helps boost their self-esteem so to speak... it certainly doesn't shorten their lifespan, it just gives them a bit of exercise :)
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #12 
Fin Fancier

Hehe then my betta must just be health conscious.

I know what you mean about the "look" my friends always then I'm weird when I say my betta is 'mad' at me or 'begging' but once you get to know them they just have such great personalities.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #13 
SpeakNow13

How cute!!! I like to listen to my betta crunch his pellets.
SpeakNow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #14 
Cole mccallister
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
D'aww, that's really cute xD

Also... er... flaring isn't bad for bettas at all... it's completely natural and actually helps boost their self-esteem so to speak... it certainly doesn't shorten their lifespan, it just gives them a bit of exercise :)
So then mine is not being aggressive towards my male dwarf gourami while my sisters is leaving her male dwarf alone
Cole mccallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #15 
Cole mccallister
Banned

You guys I play my Betta who I have had but just named Raphael I play this song from threedaysgrace called get out alive and he freaked out at the beginning of the song his eyes where bulging I think I scared him very very badly I just played the song to get his attention away from the gourami but towards the end of the song he liked it then went back to harassing the gourami such a shame he should of left it alone like his male cousin in my sisters tank he only established pecking order but mine just chases then rests is mine being active for confidence or being bully also no damage is ever really done all I want is for him to stop but he won't. .p.s the dwarf gourami species is also a labyrinth fish but my sis's does not care about the dwarf but mine does temper or mistaken identity? is it play or real aggression.?!!! Just thought I would share but listen to the song to understand how he was thinking sorry don't have song link but look it up and see if you get the same reaction but could people answer my question above thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #16 
Cole mccallister
Banned

could anybody help with my questions please?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #17 
Kithy

What size is the tank?
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #18 
Cole mccallister
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
What size is the tank?
40-50 gal but betta has been meesing a litttle less when i put them in a 5 gal since the dwarf would peck back but if would run betta would chase and peck reason for 5 gal melafix now gone and all back in big one also betta would run if dwarf would stand ground and not move hahaha behaveral issue?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #19 
Kithy

Is there lots of cover and things to break up line of sight? Can you share a full pic of your tank pwease?
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #20 
Cole mccallister
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
Is there lots of cover and things to break up line of sight? Can you share a full pic of your tank pwease?
yes plenty of cover i will try to upload a pick tomarrow but the water has a brown tint that comes and goes gets clear then dark I already did 79% water change still same color but might be plant matter there is also brown algae gunk in filters that might be doing it sooo.... tank might not look good in water color but water is 100% healthy so i just need to find ways to clean water to clear color hahaha... very depressing with taht color. also already used two bottles of clear water stuff and on the third so i am convinced it is the plant matter. p.s. plants are used for food cant grow algae the green kind for food