Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #1 
Stone

shopping today.I need to do my research bad pet store pet carosal morristown tn

Today we went shopping around for additions to our betta family, We went to wal-mart and found a really nice crowntail male (I will post pics in a few days once he adjusts) He is a beautiful fish, but was acting sickly turns out he just faked us out so we would save him, was just laying in his cup looking sickly, got him home put him in the temp tank and yeah he is swimming around like he has always lived here.
Anyways we went to the mall after getting the one from wally world and looked first of all they had most of their fish listed wrong they had bettas with the x-factor scales listed as dragon scales, they had delta tails listed as half moons and yes of course all the mis-tagging was in their favor as far as how much they charged for them, two of the fish had swim bladder issues so we got an employee and showed them and while he was there I pointed out another that was in dis-colored water and said he will be the next to get sick and this is when the guy told me " I need to do my research bettas love dirty water they live in mudpuddles in south east asia" I nearly went ballistic on this guy,This is the LFS I saved twitchy from he was in even worse water and had fin rot. Now I know why the bettas die at this store the ones at the walmart across from the mall were living like kings compared to the ones at this pet store.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #2 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Today we went shopping around for additions to our betta family, We went to wal-mart and found a really nice crowntail male (I will post pics in a few days once he adjusts) He is a beautiful fish, but was acting sickly turns out he just faked us out so we would save him, was just laying in his cup looking sickly, got him home put him in the temp tank and yeah he is swimming around like he has always lived here.
Anyways we went to the mall after getting the one from wally world and looked first of all they had most of their fish listed wrong they had bettas with the x-factor scales listed as dragon scales, they had delta tails listed as half moons and yes of course all the mis-tagging was in their favor as far as how much they charged for them, two of the fish had swim bladder issues so we got an employee and showed them and while he was there I pointed out another that was in dis-colored water and said he will be the next to get sick and this is when the guy told me " I need to do my research bettas love dirty water they live in mudpuddles in south east asia" I nearly went ballistic on this guy,This is the LFS I saved twitchy from he was in even worse water and had fin rot. Now I know why the bettas die at this store the ones at the walmart across from the mall were living like kings compared to the ones at this pet store.
I cannot believe someone would ever say that!! Gosh that's horrible! But I have to admit, all the bettas where ever I go look depressed since they're in small cups :( I wish my walmart near school sold females (I wanted to pile a bunch in one cup and just be like 'Oh I thought it was a special :P) I'm glad you brought the little one home though and that you were able to tell someone how to properly care for these little guys!
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote