Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #1 
Katy

Length of AQ salt

Keller my favorite has some minor to moderate finrot- nothing compared to what he had about this time last year, but still present. Been doing AQ salt for about 2 weeks- the finrot is not worse, but I don't see new growth yet either.

I'm doing the usual stuff too, keeping his water drinkably clean, prime, stress coat, etc. He's had trouble with antibiotics in the past so I try to avoid them, but I will use them if needed. It does not look fungal.

I can give more info if needed, but I really just want folks' opinion on whether I should continue doing AQ salt at this point- I usually try to limit AQ salt treatments to <2wks, but since I don't see new growth I feel like I should continue trying something. Or would you go to just clean water, no additives? Or resort to antibiotics? Again, I can't post pics but the finrot is minor to moderate, not worse, but not better.

Opinions please?
Katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #2 
ZergyMonster

Don't go about 2 weeks of salt treatments. It can harm the organs of your fish. Now that you have done your treatment you should consider doing warm clean water for your fish's regrowth. If you have an adjustable heater then you can dial up the temperature by 2-3 degrees, this will increase your fish's metabolism making its body processes faster.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #3 
callistra

What size is the tank, is it filtered? If so how long has it been set up? How often do you do changes? How much do you change? Does that include a gravel siphon?

Photos would be helpful.

You can't do AQ past 2 weeks, 10 days is more safe.

Last edited by callistra; 01-19-2013 at 01:04 PM.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote