Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #11 
Zoetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
It's really sad, isn't it? They don't really care about fish in general. There are laws against abuse against dogs and cats, but fish can be abused and neglected countless times and no one really does anything about it. I can't really say why that is.

This is a great forum for anyone keeping bettas, IMO. The people here may be able to help you with sicknesses and stuff, and this help is only educated guesses... But mostly all of our members are dedicated to the absolute best care we can provide. I've learned tonss in the couple months I have been a member here, and it's so relieving having somewhere to go where people understand. It's super easy to get attached to these fish... So be prepared :p
Hah. I owned a few when I was much younger. So I know how getting attached is.

I'm constantly on the lookout for a better house for him (got him as a christmas present, and I know the tank that was given to me is definitely too small for him.)

That other person mentioned Columnaris, so I grabbed another picture of him. To my eyes the stuff on his back is blue. Just his scale colorations. I can definitely keep my eyes open for any white starting up.

Last edited by Zoetrooper; 01-18-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Zoetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #12 
callistra

That looks way different than your other photos. It looked on some of those others like he had a gray saddle on his back.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #13 
Zoetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
That looks way different than your other photos. It looked on some of those others like he had a gray saddle on his back.
:( It could be because lighting is not my friend in here. I am definitely going to keep my eyes open for any white budding up though, if it does happen, I will start treatment for it.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #14 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoetrooper View Post
:( It could be because lighting is not my friend in here. I am definitely going to keep my eyes open for any white budding up though, if it does happen, I will start treatment for it.
This makes sense to me. I have a blue betta who has those blue iridescent scales in the same spot. To me, it just looks like the lighting in the picture...
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #15 
Zoetrooper

Update!

Got an ammonia test kit. The results were 0. I did just give him a 100% change the other day though.

I have some Kanaplex on standby just in case.

I also bought him some Omega One Betta Buffet but it is flakes. :/ My experience with this betta and flakes is he spits them right out. Not sure if I should give them a try or just return them.

He is fasting today, so I have time to think on it.

I also got him a betta hammock because yay more environment for him!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #16 
callistra

The hammock needs to have the wire removed from it because it can rust and cause toxic water issues.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #17 
Zoetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
The hammock needs to have the wire removed from it because it can rust and cause toxic water issues.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Wire removed, thanks!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #18 
callistra

YW :) I heard bettas love those! I've always just packed lots of silk plants with leaves like the hammock leaf and I know my bettas do love those :)

Tags
lump on fin, red