Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #21 
Fae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
I was actually thinking of getting one of those wiffle balls (plastic ball about the size of a soft ball, but with holes in it) and cleaning it up really good (including sanding rouch spots) and putting it in my tank for shrimp to hid in, but after this, not so sure. I would partly burry a bit of it in the sand so that it wouldn't just roll around. Is it a bad idea?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think that would be a great idea if you can find one with holes that are large enough for Gus to fit in, just in case he decides to get in there. Or make them large enough yourself. You could even use some aquarium silicone to seal up some of the holes if you wanted to. I'm pretty sure you said that Gus is pretty good with your shrimp, and won't try and terrorize them in there or anything.
Fae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #22 
Bluewind

Oh yes! Gus is just a little sweetheart without a mean bone in his body. He did get an adatude with Magic (my Mystery Snail) when she was bugging him one day, but I have never seen him do anything more agressive than play tag. I have seen shrimp sit on his head before!

I tweaked his castle so he could get it back. I opened the window up and sanded it down to get rid of any sharp places. I might put it in the little tank I'm setting up for the female I'm getting as a gift on Saturday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-11-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Bluewind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #23 
Bluewind

Well, Gus is doing well. The spot is still white, but no infection and he is healing. Unfortunatly, my plants did not like my aggressive gravel vacuming and are now covered in brown freakin spots! *head desk*
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #24 
Fae

Glad Gus is doing better :) Sucks about your plants, but maybe they'll perk up once things get back to normal!
Fae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #25 
Bluewind

Just wanted to do a litte update...

Gus is back to his old self. Well, save dor a white spot on his back that lookings like a cowboy saddle!

The castle is fixed. I took some pliers and broke out the back window and sanded it down to make a keyhole door. It is now in Cami's aquarium. She reallly likes it. Not too bad if I say so myself

The brown spots on my plants weren't bad spots on the plants at all! After closer inspection, I discovered that it was in fact brown algea! Must have started growing because of all the pwc and time I had the filter off while treating Gus (one day I even forgot and left it off all day ) After a bit of careful cleaning with a paper towel, my "brown" plants are green once more
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-20-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #26 
callistra

Glad he's acting so much better :)

Are you thinking the white back is from recovery? Because that's generally a description of columnaris.. I mean it could be healing, if it was part of the injury and you see it improving, but if it's popped up recently that's not a good sign.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #27 
Bluewind

Nope, it was there when he injured himself. You can see it in his emergency pics in my album. I got to admit that I thought it would eventually turn brown or something where he pulled all his scales off, but it's still white! Kind of the color of boiled fish (I boil cubed bass with bay leaves and the color reminds me of that).
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-20-2013 at 02:37 PM.