Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #1 
Kytkattin

Arrow What a Week (or Jumping Bettas!)

This week has just been crazy with getting ready to go back to school. First, I was doing a routine water change on my 2 gallon and my 10 gallon tanks. I was just finishing up on the 10 gallon, the 2 gallon already filled, and was then going to feed so the lids were off/open. Well I guess Gyarados thought I wasn't feeding fast enough because he jumped out and decided to flop around my nice furniture. After a momentary freak out (and scream, I will admit I screamed) I plop him back in his water and feed him.
Fast forward 3 days and I am draining the 10 gallon tank in order to move it 200 miles back to school. Of course I have to cup my giant (still un-named) because the water will be drained to about an inch (enough for the shrimp, not him). Well I use a tupperware container (because he is too big to fit in the cups you get from the store that they sell bettas in), get him in it, and turn to get the lid and all of a sudden he is hopping around on my furniture! I scream again, ask my boyfriend to help, and then yell at him not to help because I don't know what he might have on his hands (lotion, Purell, etc). Get the fish to hop into the cup, fill said cup with water from his tank and add some IAL, and put the lid on ASAP. Then for about 10 minutes the fish is super angry and loudly slapping against the top of the container. I have never had such a vibrant, big, personable fish.

And we all made it back to school safe and sound! Here is hoping for no more new adventures for a little while. I like my fish in water, thank you very much!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #2 
PaulO

Lol, you had one heck of a week. If it's not too much may I ask for a picture of this boisterous fella? He sure can make a heck of an impression .
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote