Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #11 
HopeNicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen2387 View Post
Awwwwww what a cutie pie! I'm against petshops selling babies but at least the people here that adopt them know how to take care of them. He/She is lucky to have found a good home!
I can't wait to see what he/she is going to look like later on!
Oh trust me i agree, its a shame these babies get sold like that, i really wished i couldve saved them all from being bought by anyone who doesnt know how to care for them! And yea i'll definitely put updated pics up when he/she frows more! Im pretty sure at this point its a "he" though =]
HopeNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #12 
HopeNicholson

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
I think it's a male vt. Long ventrals and two rays. Good on you for adopting him!
Yea, like you and everyone else im pretty darn sure its a male VT! Just cant wait to watch it get its colors some more. Such a freakin cutie, love it to bits!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #13 
HopeNicholson

Another update picture! Still having a hard time telling its type and gender since its not looking quite like a male VT to me now, but this is my first baby so I don't know. It's ending up with mainly blue coloration (specially whenever I take a pic with flash) but still has a mix of reds and greens in its scales so it's still a mystery!
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #14 
HopeNicholson

iPhone wouldn't focus on the baby at all, but im still using this pic to just show the color of it with flash :)
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #15 
Syriiven

He's looking healthier =) Good joB!
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #16 
HopeNicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
He's looking healthier =) Good joB!
Thanks! Everyday it looks better and bigger! I did just recently put the baby in a bigger tank and added a tiny heater which makes such a huge difference! I also have a few nicer photos I'll have to post up sometime, he's a quick little guy so getting a great picture is proving hard lol
Old 01-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #17 
Syriiven

I find distracting them with a pellet in your fingers at the surface or with a mirror for them to flare at gives you a few more seconds to nab a shot.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #18 
HopeNicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
I find distracting them with a pellet in your fingers at the surface or with a mirror for them to flare at gives you a few more seconds to nab a shot.
Yea I've been distracting him with my finger but man he is just a quick one! I'm gonna try a mirror out on him a tiny bit since I've yet to test his reaction to that. I swear even in the past couple days his fins are showing signs of a possible bi-coloration on them! Here's hoping! :D
Old 01-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #19 
HopeNicholson

Update agaaaain! The babies colors continue to brighten more and more! :) past couple days I've been noticing the second color appearing on the tips of its fins, I wonder how it'll turn out!
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #20 
HopeNicholson

Another silly' ol upate!

Ive officially found out my baby betta is indeed a boy after i watched him flare at his reflection for the first time. He def has a manly beard goin! :D

Now that ive def figured out the gender im still totally stuck figuring out the type. When i first got him i expected he'd be a veiltail, but i seriously dont know now. Could he perhaps be a delta? Managed to snag these pictures today when he was showing off. Hes still a tad tiny, definitely has another growth spurt or two in his future! Just cant wait for him to grow up more so i can finally figure out a name for him!

He has has almost a tricolor going on on his fins, its hard to see in the picture but after the red he has some white coming in too! Its so pretty!

Sorry the picture is sideways, im uploading from my iPad and i have no clue why the website is roating it like that.
Attached Images