Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #1 
Rin9

My planted 55 gallon

I'm thinking of 3-5 neons or cardinals in the future to get more blue in there, but here are a few close up pics of some of the guys in there now.

He's half and half lol

This guy is nearly 5 years old ^_^

My 3 angels (all boys)
Rin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #2 
Rin9

My featherfin

and I just love this pic

Oh, and yes, that is a window behind the tank, but it gets virtually no sunlight and the blinds are always closed...
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #3 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Can you keep a secret? I wanna steal your tank. it looks amazing. Is it hard to care for a npt?
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #4 
Rin9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLBETHEJUDGE View Post
Can you keep a secret? I wanna steal your tank. it looks amazing. Is it hard to care for a npt?
Yes and no...I've had more success with gravel than sand. Lighting is a bit more expensive and I boost with CO2 about once a week...and if they start to look a little scraggly I'll boost with flourish or something. But the biggest thing I think is making sure all the plants require the same light/heat/CO2 needs... (and I just realized the blinds are open in the pics I posted lmao so I'll have to say they are almost always closed!)
Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #5 
Psylk87

I am setting up a 55 gallon tank and want to have Two angels for the centerpiece. What else do you have in with them? I am trying to get stocking ideas and I love the color in your tank.
Psylk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #6 
Rin9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylk87 View Post
I am setting up a 55 gallon tank and want to have Two angels for the centerpiece. What else do you have in with them? I am trying to get stocking ideas and I love the color in your tank.
The fish other than my bottom feeders and angels are:
Rosy Barbs
Red Minor (long finned)
Black skirts
Lemon Tetras
Glow Light Tetras
Black Neon Tetras

Be careful with a pair of Angels...make sure you get the same sex. If you get a male and female, they will likely become a breeding pair. Then they will go after everything in your tank trying to make a safe area to lay eggs...and they will lay them either on your filter or on any plant resembling an amazon sword lol!

This is what that tank has looked like previously (I keep changing it every couple years)
This time I had set up the sand river for my peacock eel.

All the plants in this pic are Amazon Swords...All the little ones were grown from the two large ones in the tank.

I have a pic of it somewhere when I had cichlids in it, but I can't find it atm...I also plan on changing it again when I get a separate tank for my catfish...I love him, but he eats any type of carpet plant that I buy!