BaboBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessp118 View Post
Here are some pictures of my little baby moved to the divided tank
awww..he/she's gorgeous
BaboBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #473 
jenjen182

He/she is very beautiful. I have seen baby bettas at my Petco, but I just can't buy them. Although they are cute, I just can't find it in my heart to buy them; I can only buy the adults. Fortunately, my Petco takes really good care of the bettas. The water is always clean and they are always well fed. I have known it for 6 years and never once have I seen a dead or sick betta.
jenjen182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #474 
carbonxxkidd

Baby's losing stripes! I finally got some pics of what I believe to be a her with no stripes. She still has them occasionally.

carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #475 
Viva

Awwww shes so cute!!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #476 
NapoleonUWS

I was in my local PetCo (NYC)on Saturday and they had a huge set-up of Bettas - all sizes and colors.

Sure enough there was a section of baby bettas (about 15 of them), some so small that you had to look hard to see them in the container.
I couldn't believe that they sold bettas so young?!
NapoleonUWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #477 
laur3namb3r

my baby is growing!

My little guy is getting bigger! But I think he has a deformity on his dorsal fin...it's always curling to one side. He's still adorable though!
Attached Images

laur3namb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #478 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonUWS View Post
I was in my local PetCo (NYC)on Saturday and they had a huge set-up of Bettas - all sizes and colors.

Sure enough there was a section of baby bettas (about 15 of them), some so small that you had to look hard to see them in the container.
I couldn't believe that they sold bettas so young?!
Yeah some are reeealllyyy small. My second baby betta I got 3 days ago was less than an inch in length...so judging by one of the charts I read online that puts the baby at about 5 weeks old. She was eating microworms only for the first couple days but last night I finally got her to eat some frozen brine shrimp and a frozen blood worm this morning! I couldn't believe it would even fit in her mouth, lol.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #479 
Luxavior

Do you guys think a baby would be fine in a 5g tank?

I've had Darling for almost 4 weeks now and it looks like its fins may actually be growing.
Its been in a heated 1g tank since I've had it and have performed 50% water changes every other day to every 2 days (mostly every other day) but the poor baby looks rather bored in this tank unless I'm wiggling my fingers at it.

I have a 5g set aside for it, but I'm afraid that its tiny size in a 5g would overwhelm it and stress it out.
Luxavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #480 
graciecny

I got sucked into the Petco baby betta vortex two days ago and have spent the last two days trying to figure out how to keep this little fish going. Thanks to all who have posted info in this thread! It was really helpful, and I actually ended up reading the entire thing (thank goodness for that computer at work - LOL!).

My baby is still in his cup that he came in, but I'm planning on changing the water each evening (should it be 100% change?). I know keeping him in that tiny cup isn't good, but I need to get him a tank and I haven't been able to do so yet. If you were going out and buying a tank for one fish, what would you suggest (feel free to go wild with "dream setups" but please keep in mind my budget may not allow for that!)? I was considering the "all in one" desktop kits, but my past experience with that kind of stuff makes me worry it would be best to buy individual items of higher quality instead of the kit.

Also, for food - are the betta pellets or flakes necessary, or can he get by on thawed brine shrimp and bloodworms for now? I bought the smallest betta pellets I could find (API brand) and I think he/she ate a couple of them, but mostly he/she sucks them in and spits them back out. A few of the brine shrimp bits and a teensy piece of bloodworm did get eaten, at least.

Thank you for any advice - this is my first betta, but I've always wanted one. If this little thing makes it, it'll be a lot of fun to see him/her grow!
graciecny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta