Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #91 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddybelle View Post
Birdie, I'll arm wrestle you for her! LOL, I'm trying to figure out a way to outcross to one of these beauties without having to spend forever getting back to solid orange. Maybe one of the MG babies would work, since those girls seem to have lots of yellow?

I demand more pictures!!!
I think this gal is staying here... I still have to sort my females but she looks very promising. Of course, she might end up in the sell pile if her sisters beat her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkGuava View Post
amazing log!
Thank you! I enjoyed sharing with you all. Now I have no babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Oh my gosh...breathtaking! Gorgeous <3 What is branching and what 'deformities' are you talking about? Their fins are picture perfect and they are sooooo pretty. I love my Fred but yours are sooooo pretty to look at. Wow. Just wow. And your male oh my gosh.

If you don't mind me asking, how much does a fancy male (or female) run? /one of this Karen's fishes. xD
Thank you! Branching refers to the rays found on the fish. A good betta will have thick primary rays that will hold their finnage well. Each of those rays branch out into other rays than then branch out and so on. I attached a picture and I hope the owner can forgive me because I saved this a very long time ago and can't remember where I got it from to give credit.

Karen mostly works with multis, no "fancy" which is a nice word for bad marbles IMO. She's working with lavender MGs, green bfs and blues at the moment I think.
Her fish can go anywhere from $25 to $100+ as they are coveted by the betta community and her auctions attract a lot of attention; but it would be very hard to find females like hers somewhere else, they are outstanding!
Attached Images

Last edited by vilmarisv; 11-16-2012 at 03:09 AM.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #92 
crowntaillove3

I'm having a hard time comprehending why no one posted for so long! I also want to see more pics. You did a fantastic job. I was drooling over the second female. I would very much like to see a couple of new pictures! They are almost all grown up!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote