Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #1 
Aluka

New bettas - can you tell me what type?

I took my sister shopping and passed by petco. =< BIG MISTAKE. I came home with two new bettas~!

lol. I got a male delta tail betta. But he looks more like a halfmoon to me? Rosetail too. Anyone know?

He's in my 2.5 NPT snail tank. Hopefully, he'll eat all the eggs. There are 4 big pond snails in there. He seems to ignore them. I hope he'll eat all the babies to keep the population down. He is so pretty. I was pretty worried he was sick because he was laying side ways at the bottom of the cup and not moving much. But once he got into his home, he brighten right up and started swimming around and poking everything. I haven't figure out what to name him.

I also picked up a cute little baby betta. I think he is a doubletail. I think it's a he, lol OMG they are so tiny! how can they sell them so tiny! i dont know if he/she will live =< my betta is only about 3/4 of an inch long, poor baby =<. Since they are an impulse buy, i don't have a nice tank to put him in. So he is in my quarantine 1 gal for now, until i find the time to pick him up a official home. He is doing much better instead of hiding in the bottom he is swimming around the hornworts and trying get in between them. I am going to name him Henry if he is a boy, and emma if he turns out to be a girl. =)

Before anyone ask, my room is in the 3rd floor, all the heat raises to my room. So my room is HOT, and thus the tank water stays 75-78 degrees (night and day difference). So baby should be okay without a heater, until i get him a new home.
Attached Images

Aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #2 
aemaki09

That looks like a delta to me, but I can't tell If that is full flare or not. When he does get into a full flare see if his tail is a perfect half circle and if it is that's a HM.
The baby is a DT! You got lucky! Babies do need their heat higher than adults though, at 82-84 so if put a rush on finding atleast a heater for him.
Goodluck!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #3 
Aluka

Finally got him to do a full flare. His tail spans pretty wide, the outta edges spans to 180, but i don't know if that is wide enough to be halfmoon.

I love him whether he is a delta or halfmoon, but i just want to properly label him, lol.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #4 
callistra

Your guy looks like a butterfly rosetail to me.

3 degree daily swings are not okay. Baby bettas are more sensitive than adults. They require stable temps and actually need to be kept warmer than adults so he's too cold too.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #5 
Aluka

i have since moved the baby tank to let it float in my 55g downstairs. His water temp is 80 right now, its not as good as 82 would be but its all i can do for now. Hopefully he will be okay until i can go get him a heater next weekend.