Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #11 
Mirage23

My tanks get hit by sunlight from the window. All of my other plants are doing fine. Like I said the amazon sword is doing awesome on Charlemagne's side but not Narcissus. What light source should I get instead if I wanted to do a planted tank. and please don't be rude homegrown, hollthulhu said they've heard not know. Only trying to help.

My hood is an LED light hood by the way. As far as light my tanks are pretty well lit but if those plants can't take LEDs as a light source then what should I invest in if I want to continue a planted tank? Would low light plants work with LEDs since they get some sunlight anyway?

Last edited by Mirage23; 01-21-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Mirage23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #12 
Laki

Hard to say. All of my plants are "low light" but were dying until I got the 6500K light. I had enough salvinia to test in the kitchen window on natural light and they survived but didn't thrive. I guess it differs among tanks and levels of direct light. Photosynthesis needs direct unfiltered light to work.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #13 
efg321

6500 Kelvin seems to be the winner until you get into bigger$$$, some room and or natural lighting may be getting into your tanks as well depending on placement. Java Fern is a very hardy low light plant!
efg321 is offline   Reply With Quote