Aleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
*jaw drop* He's so pretty!
Thank you :)
Aleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #12 
eemmais

Oh man he's gorgeous!! I've always wanted a snake but my dad is terrified of them :/
eemmais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #13 
Aleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemmais View Post
Oh man he's gorgeous!! I've always wanted a snake but my dad is terrified of them :/
Thank you! Im going to try to take uodated pics today or tomorrow. You'd be surprised how many men are afraid of snakes. Lol I had an ex bf who was terrfied of them. So now when I date I ask "do you like snakes?". Lol
Old 01-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #14 
Sena Hansler

xD "Must Love Snakes". I'm not afraid of mice, rats, snakes, any lizards (except iguanas because I don't trust them there miniature crocodiles).
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #15 
Aleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
xD "Must Love Snakes". I'm not afraid of mice, rats, snakes, any lizards (except iguanas because I don't trust them there miniature crocodiles).
Haha iguanas get big. Monitors can be scary but still dont bother me. i dont like bugs. I can do every reptile amphibian but not insects especially arachnids. I bred dubia for my beardie and when they touched me id scream. I became very good at using hemostats to feed lol I spilled an order of 2, 000 crickets in my house once....it was my worst nightmare. Woke up with one on my face and screamed. Im such a baby. Give me a reptile of any size any day and id fare better lol
Old 01-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

Oh boy lol. Yeah I hate crickets especially. They live for weeks, in the molding of the walls, under your fridge.... Nyaah!! >:( lol
Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #17 
pittipuppylove

Gah... Crickets are nasty little buggers. And if they get out, you can never tell where they're hiding by the noises they make - drives me batty. My friends like to make fun of me because I have no problem handling snakes or other reptiles of nearly any size (given certain safety guidelines are met - no way I'm going to work with a large and/or venomous snake without proper precautions) but I still need to call someone over to remove a spider.

I do enjoy nice, well socialized iguanas who have owners that put forth the amount of care they need, but they're unfortunately a bit difficult to come by -.-
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #18 
Aleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
Gah... Crickets are nasty little buggers. And if they get out, you can never tell where they're hiding by the noises they make - drives me batty. My friends like to make fun of me because I have no problem handling snakes or other reptiles of nearly any size (given certain safety guidelines are met - no way I'm going to work with a large and/or venomous snake without proper precautions) but I still need to call someone over to remove a spider.

I do enjoy nice, well socialized iguanas who have owners that put forth the amount of care they need, but they're unfortunately a bit difficult to come by -.-
Healthy igauanas in general are hard to come by. Lol most people have NO idea what they are getting into (just like with boas). I dont handle hots. No desire too. But the bush vipers are pretty. From a Distance lol im right therr with ya....give me a burm or retic over a spider any day I also get made fun of for that lol
H
Old 01-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #19 
Sena Hansler

My roomie's was a rescue. So weak... So small for her age... Once she got her health back though she was a rightful brute. We made riot shields to stay safe if and when she got out. We had to lock her cage since she was strong enough to open it -.-; We had to clean her mouth of mouth rot, and that was no fun. luckily for him I knew natural and safe remedies to ease her poor mouth.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #20 
Aleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
My roomie's was a rescue. So weak... So small for her age... Once she got her health back though she was a rightful brute. We made riot shields to stay safe if and when she got out. We had to lock her cage since she was strong enough to open it -.-; We had to clean her mouth of mouth rot, and that was no fun. luckily for him I knew natural and safe remedies to ease her poor mouth.
Lol riot shields. Been there (plastic tub lids). Mouth rot and uri are common issies for rescued boas :( good for you for treating it