Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about your fish. I think you did the right thing, though.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #12 
tmz

dropsy can be cured. with epsom salt and a tiny bit of hikari bettarevive. my friend's fish had it wicked bad, like for at least a week and a half before getting treatment.
he put it in a small container with a little bit of epsom salt anda drop of hikari betta revive in the water for six days. new water every day. and its okay now.
but for future refrence, if you notice dropsy, try that.

im sorry you had to euthanize your fish. if the eyes were liek that, then yeha...there was prolly no way to help it. the poor thing =(
tmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #13 
Flashygrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz
dropsy can be cured. with epsom salt and a tiny bit of hikari bettarevive. my friend's fish had it wicked bad, like for at least a week and a half before getting treatment.
he put it in a small container with a little bit of epsom salt anda drop of hikari betta revive in the water for six days. new water every day. and its okay now.
but for future refrence, if you notice dropsy, try that.

im sorry you had to euthanize your fish. if the eyes were liek that, then yeha...there was prolly no way to help it. the poor thing =(
Dropsy signals a problem with the kidneys and very hard to cure, especially with bettas cuz they're soooo delicate. It's one of those things that you can go ahead and try to help it but you should know that the odds aren't good, and it sounds like the poor girl had no odds having been put with that male.

OP....I'm really sorry about your betta. Was it a friend that told you the eggs were rotting inside her or a petstore employee?
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #14 
trina

uneducated employee

well it actually was a petstore employee..i admit i was really baffled when he told me the eggs were rottening inside of her..i was like "huh?"..what?..what do you mean and who is gonna take care of all the babies..and his response was to sell them of course but it really didnt make sense to me..never the less i cal my dad right away and instructed him to put them together,..i was worried sick knowing that he could really harm her, i took her back out when i saw wat was happening and i entered fish forum cuz u guys really helped me the first time i had a problem..thanks again..hopefully i will have better luck with my male fish :)
trina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:05 AM   #15 
Flashygrrl

Hard lesson learned...sorry :(
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote