Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #11 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Your tank looks great!!!! Good luck with your betta Just one thing, in one of the photos there appears to be a gap between the tank and the lid.... be careful your boy does not jump out through the gap as I have had bettas jump through a hole much much smaller than that.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #12 
MidgetMan

itsuki, Sorry to say the military Has me in The East Coast Right now ;_;
MidgetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #13 
Bluewind

I'm so glad that you are having so much fun! And I'm glad you are educating yourself too. We are a goofy little group here, but we will cheer you on on your acomplishments and support you when things go wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #14 
blu the betta

sorry to get off topic but how long have you been in the military?
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #15 
itsuki

thanks veggiegirl. there is a gap!! i know but i got tired of looking at water stains on the glass so.....I FILLED THE TANK UP TO THE BRIM (underneath the black line), i know i shouldnt, i had a betta jump out once when i was a teenager luckily i came home just in time, guess he barely made the jump (the fall was maybe 4 feet!!) came back from school one summer day and didnt see him in the tank!! i freaked out, looked down and there he was, i picked him up, he was still slimy, threw him in and was ok for awhile (none of my bettas lasted long back then, but thatll change NOW!!). once i find out how to get find of those water stains im going to lower the water level. how much do u think i should lower it??
itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #16 
LadyVictorian

OH WOW, that lid you made is so impressive. :O I must make for my next 10 gallon tank, it's just beautiful how it makes the light look and so cool the lid lights up. It also answers my age old question of how the heck to get my outside filter to work. I have one just like yours but none of my lids fit it unless i cut a chunk out of them...which I don't want to do in the event I get new filters. Seemed your custom lid solves that issue. Cool idea you have there.

Are those all silk plants or do you have live too? They look pretty natural.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #17 
itsuki

the big plants in the background are fake(silk) along with the flowery looking one in the foreground but the small ones are in the back are real, u can see them in the last pics displaying the lid, the corkscrew val is real and the small java fern. maybe a bamboo plant or amazon sword in the future, leaning towards the amazon sword because ive seen bamboo plants that shoot out of the tank and i dont want to mess with that.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #18 
LadyVictorian

amazon sword is great and the two plants you have now I have and I love those things. My java's grow like crazy >.< I need to start getting it under control already and it's only been in the tank about 3 weeks. Got some plantlet's off it.

I have seen bamboo get crazy tall too o.o a guy cut holes through his lid to let it grow out of the tank.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #19 
itsuki

my java ferns havent really grown yet :( well maybe im just being impatient, its just been 2 weeks since i got them. im kinda hestitant to get some kind of fertizilier but maybe i should....plus im thinking of getting a bottom layer of dirt underneath the sand or going full dirt bottom, think it'll be more benefitual for the plants and fish. guess i'll have to read that Ecology of a Planted Aquarium to find out :P
Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 AM   #20 
MidgetMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu the betta View Post
sorry to get off topic but how long have you been in the military?
Almost 3 years now
MidgetMan is offline   Reply With Quote