Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #41 
ohhaiitslily

Because i read that i could have two females in one tank. I didn't think it would be that much harder. Oh my god.
ohhaiitslily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #42 
ohhaiitslily

Well i'm sorry i was mis-informed. I read all the info sheets and talked to specialized people and read a bunch of articles on the internet, researching for hours.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #43 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhaiitslily View Post
And for the 6th or something ish time. I CAN'T FIT MORE THAN A GALLON. so I'm gonna try to return the fish.
Yes. I think that is the best (and only) option.

I also suggest returning the gravel and decorations, and buying a heater instead. You can get something like a Marina Betta 7 Watt Heater for about $12.

Decorations are pretty. But a heater is needed to keep the fish at the correct temperature. And gravel will just get in the way when you do the frequent water changes.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #44 
LadyVictorian

but 2 in a 1 gallon? I mean that is common sense right there :/

I mean do you agree with people keeping fish in those small half gallons?
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #45 
ohhaiitslily

I have checked the temperature consistently. It has stayed at 75 ish constantly. The cheapest heater I saw was $20-$30. And if there are cheaper ones somewhere else, I don't have time to go on a wild goose chase. I have exams, a show, stress, and I got them for relaxation from my consistent anxiety, but right now, it's only made it worse. Thanks everybody.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #46 
ohhaiitslily

Will you PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD stop calling me out and making me seem like the stupidest person on the face of the PLANET.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #47 
ohhaiitslily

I haven't had a fish in 12 years. Do you expect me to know everything?! I seriously didn't think it was a huge deal.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #48 
callistra

75 is too cold. 76 is bare minimum but most do better a little warmer. 78-80 is ideal.

There is a lot of information in the betta care forum that would be in your fish's interested for you to look at.. good info: http://www.bettafish.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

People are only trying to help. How would your anxiety be if you woke up one day and found them both dead? Nobody here is causing your anxiety. The anxiety is from the bad advice you got, then insisting that you're right and fighting everyone who is trying to help...

I'm done now. You have good info. You'll do with it what you think is right.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #49 
ohhaiitslily

Because clearly acting like I don't know anything and am completely incompetent definitely is great advice.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #50 
LadyVictorian

I would say in your current state caring for animals is the least of your concern, seems more like you need to take care of yourself. As someone with several mental illnesses including Clinical depression, schizotypal disorder, OCD, and anxiety disorders up the yin yang plus insomnia I can tell you...until you get treatment for it you will be useless to any animal you try to care for. TRUST ME, when I am having horrid states and my meds are not working my animals are not well off and I thank god my friends come over and feed them, I will say getting you anxiety under control first. Animals will only make it worse I KNOW, you need copping tools not more stress.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lethargic, not moving, not swimming, response to stimulus, two bettas