Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #1 
carbonxxkidd

White webbing on eco-complete?

Has anyone seen this before? Should I be worried or is it normal? I'm seeing some white webbing a few spots on my substrate - a couple of which are near the crowns of melted crypts so my first thought was mold and I should remove them, except the roots still feel healthy and one still has a leaf. There is also some next to the fake wood log I have, and no melted plants are near that. I tried to gravel vac them up yesterday and they just came back...any ideas? Here are some pics, sorry about the sad planting job on my melted crypt...

carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #2 
sandybottom
Reference Team

i have something similar. i thought mine came from the algae tabs i feed my snails. not sure now. i may try treating mine with h2o2, vac the substrate or just add more snails. will let you know if it works. do you use algae wafers too? i think it's left over food rotting or slime mold from the decaying crypts.

Last edited by sandybottom; 01-22-2013 at 10:00 AM.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #3 
carbonxxkidd

I have used algae wafers for my otos, but my bettas usually end up eating them all. I think you might be right, it's just weird that it comes right back after I gravel vac! I do have some MTS in the tank, at least 5, not sure if they have reproduced yet so not sure if they help. Let me know if you find a cure, lol.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote