Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #21 
callistra

The holes are ammonia burns or snags.

So what is the ammonia level of your water? What water changes have you been doing?
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #22 
NorthernLights

levels

Using the API Freshwater Master Test Kit:

Ammonia: 0 PPM
Nitrite: 0 PPM
Nitrate: 0 PPM
Ph: 8.0

I last changed the water (100%) 3 days ago.

I have been doing 100% water changes mostly every 2-3 days since this started, although there was a 5 day period last week when I did not change any water. Please understand, my fish HATES being netted OR cupped and it is VERY upsetting to him and takes a LONG time, even when bribed with food. Since I have a 3 gallon, I figured that having to catch him every day for a 100% water changed was going to be worse for him than the amount of waste he could put into that water by himself in a space of 2-3 days.
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #23 
Luigi

Interesting my Luigi's dorsal fin was 1st to show signs of this same problem as well..and BAM! In no time it took hold and began spreading like wildfire. Very strange & insidious illness that took hold of little Luigi. He was in a 3 gallon...doing beautifully..until he became possessed by unknown forces and it drug him down into unknown fish waters of OCD madness with a 3-day-non-stop marathon of him circling a plant non-stop. I removed the plant, he still did it. I upgraded him to an 8 gallon Aquaeon penthouse palace...he might as well have been in a mud puddle for all he noticed. He was in manic mode of back & forth...up & down. Made me dizzy. The once graceful...peaceful Luigi has been kidnapped. Someone replaced him with the bipolar version.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote