Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #11 
Zoetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by efg321 View Post
Your matching signature photo is very appealing as well. Of course not as good as the real thing but very realistic!

Oh. Yeah. I kind of rushed it, it wasn't my best works. Thanks all the same.

Zoetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #12 
Shadyr

Actually Lavatail (who looks a whole lot like Laki's avatar) is a crowntail, which I thought had the rep as being the most aggressive. Lavatail is exceptional in the flaring, my other two crowntail boys seem pretty chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoetrooper View Post
Awesome. What type is your son's betta? Basically everyone has said VT, which makes me wonder if they are more aggressive then the other types.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #13 
Laki

(My avatar is a combtail - which is a mix bw VT and CT) but he's the biggest scaredy-cat ever!
I don't think there are any more aggressive breeds than others, with the exception of the Plakat (being aggressive and still bred for fighting) and the heavier fins like delta and, to a lesser extent, the halfmoon (being less aggressive for the weight on their fins. Of course there are exceptions).
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #14 
Shadyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
(My avatar is a combtail - which is a mix bw VT and CT) but he's the biggest scaredy-cat ever!
I don't think there are any more aggressive breeds than others, with the exception of the Plakat (being aggressive and still bred for fighting) and the heavier fins like delta and, to a lesser extent, the halfmoon (being less aggressive for the weight on their fins. Of course there are exceptions).
I just meant coloration-wise. He's a very spiky crowntail in terms of his finnage (BTW - pretty fishie!)

I think WRT the OP's feesh we can probably agree - he's actually pretty photogenic.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #15 
Mal72

Quote:
Why thank you. I picked him because he had a little bit of orange on his fins at the store and I have always wanted an orange betta, but it seems to have turned more red.

I'll have to try that, I have a little house I put him in while I clean his 'bigger' tank. He tends not to strut as much in there though.

And that's funny! Also highly unphotogenic.

I just want a picture of him with his fins poofed out all pretty, but it's like he photobombs himself. I had a couple other photos too that I was a little weary about showing because I thought people would get angry or say that I was making him flare.

I don't have a mirror, and if I keep the tank light and my light on he doesn't see his reflection. If I turn my light off he can, so I try to avoid that. He does seem to enjoy watching me work on my tablet though, giving me the occasional flare even when I'm just looking in his direction.

Here's a good one as I was trying to get a close up shot, my gf says he's pretending to be one of the flowers. >,>

This picture makes me smile. Very cute. My HM DK (Dark Knight) is impossible to photograph. He constantly hides the moment he sees the camera and I have tried food--nothing helps. He is really shy. But Bruce Wayne (THM) and Joker (DT) are completely at ease with me--especially Bruce. But I had a fish (my signature) who flared at everything too, i.e his name was Flare and that was even after he was settled into his home. He was frisky for all of his 3 years. I loved his personality and I'm sure you love his too!!!!
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #16 
Zoetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
Actually Lavatail (who looks a whole lot like Laki's avatar) is a crowntail, which I thought had the rep as being the most aggressive. Lavatail is exceptional in the flaring, my other two crowntail boys seem pretty chill.

Quote:
Think I was just surprised by how many comments I was receiving about "Oh! So and so had a VT just like that!" So it left me wondering is all. I know plakats are supposed to be the big bads, but I don't have one (yet) so I haven't had a chance to experience it.

'The Fish' is by far the most aggressive betta I have owned to date. And yes, his name is 'The Fish'. I know I'm terrible. >,>
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #17 
Mal72

Quote:
My Delta will flare at me until I approach and then he hides! Lol. My Twin halfmoon greets me like a puppy and jump to take food from my hand and my Halfmoon is very aloof and constantly hides. It seems that your theory is correct--proven in my room!!!

I think Plakats are very cool looking--they do have that rough fighter look to them. Perhaps I will get one of those next!
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #18 
Shadyr

Quote:
'The Fish' is by far the most aggressive betta I have owned to date. And yes, his name is 'The Fish'. I know I'm terrible. >,>
Hey, I can give you a run for the money on originality. I asked hubby to pick a boy to be homed in the other half of my split tank with my avatar boy, and the one he picked turned from a silvery slip of a fish into a gorgeous bright red veiltail. His name is...*drumroll* Redfish
Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #19 
Syriiven

Very nice, he reminds me of my Phy before he died. Always flaring, and similar in colors, just a bit more blue. Thanks again for allowing me the option of drawing him up ^^ he's gorgeous, and the photos are perfect!
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #20 
Zoetrooper

Quote:

I think WRT the OP's feesh we can probably agree - he's actually pretty photogenic.
D'awww. Thanks! He just doesn't want to pose for the pictures I want to take of him haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal72 View Post
This picture makes me smile. Very cute. My HM DK (Dark Knight) is impossible to photograph. He constantly hides the moment he sees the camera and I have tried food--nothing helps. He is really shy. But Bruce Wayne (THM) and Joker (DT) are completely at ease with me--especially Bruce. But I had a fish (my signature) who flared at everything too, i.e his name was Flare and that was even after he was settled into his home. He was frisky for all of his 3 years. I loved his personality and I'm sure you love his too!!!!
Yes. I adore his personality. It's fun hear about other people's fish, I am sorry that Flare passed on however. 'The Fish' was the only one at that petstore that had any sort of life in him, the rest were in their sad little cups. I clearly had to pick the one with the biggest attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal72 View Post
My Delta will flare at me until I approach and then he hides! Lol. My Twin halfmoon greets me like a puppy and jump to take food from my hand and my Halfmoon is very aloof and constantly hides. It seems that your theory is correct--proven in my room!!!

I think Plakats are very cool looking--they do have that rough fighter look to them. Perhaps I will get one of those next!
Hahah! That's so cute she eats from your hand. I shake the food at my fish, to let him know what I'm doing, which generally gets him flaring. (even food is a potential threat you see) And then he tends to voraciously eat the pebbles as soon as they hit the water.

I have my eyes on a plakat for my next fish too. I want three in all. When I get my 10 gallon set up I may grab a female crowntail too, but we'll see. I found a really nice petstore recently that sells lots of variety.

Quote:
Hey, I can give you a run for the money on originality. I asked hubby to pick a boy to be homed in the other half of my split tank with my avatar boy, and the one he picked turned from a silvery slip of a fish into a gorgeous bright red veiltail. His name is...*drumroll* Redfish
Nice. My original bettas from back in the day had awesome names like Trog-dor the burninator. I was going to name my current fish 'Hamburger' but it just never stuck. Maybe one of my other ones will be named Hamburger, hahaa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
Very nice, he reminds me of my Phy before he died. Always flaring, and similar in colors, just a bit more blue. Thanks again for allowing me the option of drawing him up ^^ he's gorgeous, and the photos are perfect!
I'm sorry to hear about your fish, but I am glad you like the pictures. Have fun and I can't wait to see what you do with it!