Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #1 
laur3namb3r

high ph level

Hi all, I just changed Copernicus's water and cleaned the gravel with a siphon yesterday. I also added a new plant that I had been growing (I introduced the onion bulb about a week ago...he loves it!) and I think it's a lily of some sort with pretty big leaves. If it gets too big, i'll probably take it out, but I'll see how it does first.

This morning I got up to test the water and everything seems fine (ammonia was reading at .25, but both nitrate and nitrite are at 0) but my ph level seemed to skyrocket! I'm going to test it again in a couple hours, but it was reading at a 8.8! I already have a high ph level anyway, but its usually stable at around an 8. Copernicus seems to be his happy, starving, self...so I'm not too worried, but what could have caused the spike in the ph? I made sure to wash my plant off before adding it, and that's the only new thing I have added (my plant was also grown here with the same water). Could I have added too much water conditioner?
laur3namb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #2 
laur3namb3r

Ugh, never mind. I just checked it and it's now at 7.4. Should have rechecked it before I posted this! Feel free to delete this post! haha. :-/
laur3namb3r is offline   Reply With Quote