Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #1 
carbonxxkidd

Anacharis narrow leaf

I'm having a problem with anacharis narrow leaf in my 29 gallon. The anacharis is growing like crazy but refuses to root! There's not even roots starting on the stems anywhere. The bottom leaves keep falling off and then the whole bottom part melts into the substrate and then the plants start floating. I'm getting frustrated because no matter how much I vacuum up the debris it just keeps piling up! The anacharis itself looks fine and my fish seem to like it, but I just want it to stay in one spot! I'm about ready to just take it all out and give up on it. Any suggestions?
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #2 
efg321

HOW ABOUT LEAVING IT FLOATING(sorry caps)... or try recutting bottom and bundling until roots start. I remember having some similar problems years ago. Although hardy due to leaf drop I consider it a dirty plant but easy and great for start up!
efg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #3 
carbonxxkidd

I'm not a huge fan of it floating. Right now I have some planted and about 10 stems tied to a rock with fishing line. I have a feeling that I'll just be getting rid of it once my tank fills in a bit more...
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote