Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #131 
Bluewind

Also, Drama, I am so sorry that you and your mother had to go through that. I hope that man is UNDER the jail

My half brother is a volient man. He was abusive towards his (now ex) wife. Threatened her with everything under the Sun. I think she told me he hit her with a fanbelt one time! Stuffed feathers, cat hair, and other stuff in her pillow, in the mattress, and under the bed so she would have an asthema attack. Just an all around [word I can't say on here]. She is still my sister, blood or not, and I wish she would have never had to go through that and grateful that she got out. But I don't think for one minute that she would have been in less danger if guns were outlawed. Neither does she. I know that that wont change anyone's minds, but IMO violent men are violent.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-23-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Bluewind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #132 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Also, Drama, I am so sorry that you and your mother had to go through that. I hope that man is UNDER the jail
Yeah DQ! Especially after the nice story about him rescuing the neighbor's dog
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #133 
dramaqueen
Banned

My dad died in 1990. I've made peace with everything that happened. The booze and Vietnam made him a very sick man. Thank you, Bluewind.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #134 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
My dad died in 1990. I've made peace with everything that happened. The booze and Vietnam made him a very sick man. Thank you, Bluewind.
*long distance hug*
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #135 
FishyFishy89

RegisteredUser, yet again, it doesn't matter HOW many people are killed. When in the wrong hands, the tool can still be used to kill. So if you're going to support banning guns you might as well support banning your kitchen knifes, hammers, screwdrivers, every tool in the average household.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #136 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
RegisteredUser, yet again, it doesn't matter HOW many people are killed. When in the wrong hands, the tool can still be used to kill. So if you're going to support banning guns you might as well support banning your kitchen knifes, hammers, screwdrivers, every tool in the average household.
OK, then you don't get my point.

Automatic and semi-automatics can kill many in a very short time. Put a hammer or knife into the hands of a crazy dude and he will do much less damage.

If the Sandyhook kid had a baseball bat/hammer/knife he probably would not have gotten into the school at all, since he shot his way in.

Anyway, there will never be an end to guns, so no worries fishy!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #137 
FishyFishy89

The point is, hed still do damage. How is less damage ever any better than more damage. How is 1 child killed better than 2 children killed?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #138 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
The point is, hed still do damage. How is less damage ever any better than more damage. How is 1 child killed better than 2 children killed?
I give up. Shouldn't have even started.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #139 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I give up. Shouldn't have even started.
Haha. Fully automatic and semi automatic are two different things though, and the difference is huge. A semiauto will usually shoot a max of 60 times a minute versus fullauto at around 800-900 for an M4/M16, that is a huge difference.

Also I would like to bring up something I saw for facts, more people died in Chicago than US soldiers in Operation Endure Freedom from like 2001 to present or something. How do soldiers at war face less causalities from a war than a city with VERY strict gun laws, much like the ones Obama would like to pass.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #140 
Freyja
Banned

Yes, let's look at the crime rate in DC as well, another territory with insanely restrictive gun laws.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote