Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #16291 
Shirleythebetta

The wind woke me up at 4:30 a.m. after I just fell asleep around two -_-
Now it's 1p.m. and I am just getting to my economics lessons that are due tomorrow. *sigh* why does mother nature hate me?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #16292 
ThePearlFish

This Anatomy & Physiology teacher is OMG soooo boring I think I am gonna go crazy by the end of this 8 wks. She has got to get her stuff together, she is the teacher! I enjoy A&P, but she is like turning me off to it.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #16293 
FishyFishy89

I'm so impatient!!! This is a time that I do not want cold weather. It is preventing my babies from coming home!!!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #16294 
Rosso1011

I have been congested 24/7 since Autumn began. My nose will find any reason it can to run. As I ready myself for work, I know to expect problems tonight because it can get bloody cold.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #16295 
Sparrowhawk

I could scream right now. Falkor has been tail-biting again, as of about half an hour ago. It's taken him a month to grow it back to almost normal. There were only a few millimeters to go in a couple of patches until he'd have had his glorious fins back... And he's chomped them down again.

I've rearranged the tank many times, upgraded to double the tank size, added things, removed things, all sorts of stuff in an effort to make him happy and to make him not want to mutilate himself anymore, water quality is always perfect, and now he's done it again.

I thought he'd gotten over it, since he hadn't so much as swam in a tight circle since the first incident, and now he's decided to shred himself again. I saw his fins were shorter again, yelled a few expletives, ran over to his tank and sat there, and off he went, chasing it again, like "I do what I want! This tail is coming off, even if I have to do it in your face!"

Really at wit's end about it. I feel awful about it.

I don't even know how I'm going to cycle his tank when all the stuff I ordered gets here... I couldn't do it with him in there, could I? I mean, I'll be constantly monitoring water parameters but surely it couldn't be a good idea to cycle a tank with a tail-biter in it?

EDIT: I went back to his tank right after posting this, and started to cry. He's ripped half his dorsal fin off. I feel sick and feel like a failure of a fish-parent. And here I was thinking I was improving things for him...

Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 01-20-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #16296 
BettaHeart

my rant: its getting scarier and scarier to live as a native either in the city or in the country, there are the Arains to worry about, the police to worry about, and sometimes neighbours especially now with the Idle No More protests.
I worry about my oldest because she lives with my mother and two younger sisters in alberta and just knowing how the people there can be I just pray they are protected every day. ........ Why does the govt tread all over the very people they are supposed to be taking care of? In debt because politicians stuff their pockets, make excuses to not acknowledge they do owe us more then they can ever hope to repay, blame everyone else when things go wrong, and when the people want them to take responsibility and change the govt, they force themselves back into the top positions. ...... sigh .... sometimes life just isnt worth it......
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #16297 
FishyFishy89

UGH!!!
I'm just going to go get fish food and a bunch of anacharis for the babies!! I told you I won't be spending more than $15. Do you NOT trust me!?? And he pulls the line of "I do. I wanna go to the pet store too" If you're gonna lie, atleast make it more believable.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #16298 
ThePearlFish

rant- too much to do in so little time.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #16299 
Shirleythebetta

Bad luck family

I have had a bad week this week. My electric bill is 365 dollars and I can't understand why. My MIL has to pay a 300 dollar electric bill and she has four other people living with her and two children every other weekend to take care of. My mom just emailed me and told me my Uncle is having even more bad luck after getting a divorce from his wife, that same wife suing for child support on a 21 year old mentally ill son that works two jobs... He called mom today to tell her his car crapped out. His only car. My brother calls five minutes before that to tell my mom that HIS car broke down today too.

The best is my sister called today also and told mom she fell off of her front porch and sprained her wrist and tailbone because her neighbors dogs went after my sisters dogs. In the fray she fell off the porch. The reason I find this the best is because I too fell off the porch because of a dog but it was my back porch and I fell onto my AC unit and bruised a rib and underneath my upper arm. My sister and I injure ourselves just alike but I always get hurt first and it's always the opposite side. She falls off the front. I fall off the back. Oh the irony.

Oh yea, and I had to take an arctic shower because my hot water froze :O

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 01-23-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #16300 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, man, what horrible luck! We have our utility bill on an average thing so we pay the same every month. They redo it every 6 months or something like that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou