Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #21 
itsuki

that is nice growth and a great pic, need to get a better camera so i can show off my Nemo in all his colorful glory. thanks for sharing
itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #22 
twolovers101

Some of the soil will float up, you just need to be VERY careful with how you fill the tank.

Put your soil down, add your cap and then put a plastic bag or shallow bowl/plate and pour water in very slowly and gently or it WILL be a mess (learned that the hard way lol) then fill and drain the tank several times (this will help with saturating the soil)

Some people add their plants before, some after they fill with water. I don't really know the best method of doing it, what I did resulted in dirt everywhere and a massive headache... so... trial and error, I'd say make sure your soil is completely wet before planting and then drain the tank at least half-way to plant and it should be okay. Granted, it may be messy either way you slice the issue, but it's worth it in the long haul. (my tank is very close if not to the point that it's self sustaining now)
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #23 
itsuki

arrghh i rushed, had to re-do it. at it for a total of 5 hrs (after a full day at work). so tired now. water suprislingly clear, not perfect, some floating debris, too tired to go into detail. sleepy and still have to wait for my cousin to drop by (he needs to place to crash tonight). said and done......i shouldve capped it with gravel not sand...... :( gonna redo it with gravel ......idk.....in a few weeks..... :(

itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote