Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #1 
Newbettamommy13

Cool Freaky Fingers?

My new Betta Mojo is so cute and so funny. If I put my finger right on the tank, he comes swimming up to see what it is (particularly if said finger is moving) and once he gets there he takes one look at it and backs away from it! Lol! It's as if he's saying "Ooh! what's that? ........ uhhh not sure if I like that so much" lol. Anyone else have a betta who does this?
Newbettamommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #2 
blu the betta

my bettas dont want everything to do with my fingers.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #3 
sainthogan

When I first got my female, she was completely fascinated with my fingers. Then after her jump out of her tank -she was absolutely terrified of my fingers for a very, very long time. When I found her after she jumped, I had to pick her up with my hands. When I rinsed her off, and put her back in her tank, she sunk like a rock to the bottom, so I stuck my hand in there and grabbed her out. Needless to say, she really did not like that, so after that when ever she saw my hand and fingers, she would swim to the other side of the tank and hide behind her heater and not come out until she saw that my hands were gone. She did that for about 3 months.
Now, she's not afraid of them anymore, and will swim up to wherever I place them.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:53 AM   #4 
majesticstorm

My boy does that too!! :D I put my fingers up to the glass and he stares and flares a little as he slowly advances towards it. Then he backs away slowly, going "around" my fingers not letting my fingers leave his sight all the while. Once he's "escaped" from my fingers, he swims along his merry way. XD He's such a dork!
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #5 
Aroe

My boy will come right up and put all this fins down then back away as slow as possible xD I think he's doing the "you can't see me" thing!
Aroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cute, fingers, freaky, male, veil tails