Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #11 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Yeah I/we are only allowed to buy females at this point in time........
There are some beautiful females out there. I'm hoping my girl will turn out really pretty once she loses her baby stripes.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #12 
Shadyr

Yes, of my dozen, 7 are girls in or destined for my sorority in the big 36G tank. I'm hoping I can eventually have about 10 girls in there. Of the boys, One lives at my office, my kids each have a 2.5G in their rooms, and I have a bookshelf 6 divided for two in my room.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #13 
Melodica

Don't feel bad - I'm addicted as well. I didn't even LIKE fish, then I met my fiance who had a 30g tank that we filled with various fish. I decided to get a tank of my own and about all that would thrive in a 5g was a betta, so I went to Walmart and picked out the cutest little red VT. Unfortunately I was ignorant about the filter intake and their fins, so he ended up getting stuck and died. :(

I decided to get one to replace him. Then Petco (ie: the devil) decided to have a really good sale on a 10g starter kit ($39.99), so I got one and my fiance did the DIY dividers, so I was able to pick up two more fish. My total was up to three, then I fell in love with three more fish, then I wanted MORE fish. I now have a total of three of those 10g tanks that were on sale with nine boys in them.

One of the nine was a guy that was in there the day I bought that first 10g tank. Over a month passed and he was STILL in there. I felt sorry for him so I had to get him. The others just sorta picked me. They are...

Mojave - Brown DT with light yellow fins spotted with orange and black tips (he's the one that was in the store for a month)
Blaze - Dark red VT
Tuffy (my icon) - Turquoise/purple/red DT
Kahlua - DT with a peachy head with dark around the mouth, peach and black body and clear fins speckled with black
Eclipse - Prussian blue HM with prominent ears
Calypso - Dark blue HM with a thick white band on his fins
Nova - HM with light red body and darker red fins
Parthurnaax - Grey Dragonscale plakat
Ares - Dark blue body CT with red/orange on the fins

My fiance has forbidden me from wandering near the bettas at this point. I usually try not to even go into the pet store because I know I'll find at least one that I just HAVE to have.
Melodica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #14 
Sparrowhawk

Normally I'm a fairly logical person. That all flies out the window when it comes to fish and making their homes pretty/more liveable. I'd been yapping to my partner the whole time we had just one about how I'd love to have more, and both he and my grandmother did their best to discourage me... Until his family gave us two new boys for Christmas. It's all been downhill from there (for them, uphill for me, hehehe) and while I don't exactly have an abundance of fish, I've got more than what I really should have for the amount of space I have available to me, and we're talking of getting another one in the coming months... I think I transferred "the bug" to the rest of the household, haha!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #15 
BettaGurl79

I stumbled upon this thread and have to agree Bettas are addictive. I only have one, but am already plotting the next addition. I've already told my Fiance that I'd like a ten gallon hexagonal tank for our bed room. He seems to like the idea as much as I do. I catch him watching our beautiful male VT as much as I do. There is nothing better than watching a happy betta after a long day
BettaGurl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #16 
LittleBlueFishlets

Ha! I can so relate! I "had" to go to Petsmart today, simply because I know their Betta shipments arrive on Thursday. (See? Addiction. I even know when their fish arrive....)

And, of course, there was the CUTEST little guy there.... And while I resisted TODAY, I know that if I get there EARLY tomorrow, he'll still be there (probably).

And then, I just need a new tank, new heater, new decorations and plants, and a thermometer..... And voila, he'd have a comfy home inside of my home....

Gah. I don't need a 12 step program. I need an immediate crash course in how to break the addiction.

Of course, I don't really want to break the addiction....

Oh, did I mention that I saw the CUTEST little betta today? And if I get to Petsmart early tomorrow morning, he might still be there..... And while I'm there, I can pick up a tank, heater, some plants, and.....

Problem? Me? LOL
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #17 
Kithy

The only reason I don't have more is because my husband is very firm on how he feels about more fish. But it's really hard not to go behind his back <_<
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #18 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaGurl79 View Post
I stumbled upon this thread and have to agree Bettas are addictive. I only have one, but am already plotting the next addition. I've already told my Fiance that I'd like a ten gallon hexagonal tank for our bed room. He seems to like the idea as much as I do. I catch him watching our beautiful male VT as much as I do. There is nothing better than watching a happy betta after a long day
A 10 gallon hexagonal tank? Oh wow. That would be cool to have.....

Oh wait, I'm not helping your addiction, am I? LOL
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #19 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
Ha! I can so relate! I "had" to go to Petsmart today, simply because I know their Betta shipments arrive on Thursday. (See? Addiction. I even know when their fish arrive....)

And, of course, there was the CUTEST little guy there.... And while I resisted TODAY, I know that if I get there EARLY tomorrow, he'll still be there (probably).

And then, I just need a new tank, new heater, new decorations and plants, and a thermometer..... And voila, he'd have a comfy home inside of my home....

Gah. I don't need a 12 step program. I need an immediate crash course in how to break the addiction.

Of course, I don't really want to break the addiction....

Oh, did I mention that I saw the CUTEST little betta today? And if I get to Petsmart early tomorrow morning, he might still be there..... And while I'm there, I can pick up a tank, heater, some plants, and.....

Problem? Me? LOL
Haha you sound just like me! I seriously saw a fish in Petsmart but I didn't get it. I thought about him allllllllllllll night long and went to get him when the opened the next morning. Hahaha.

And yes, Petsmart and Petco both get new fish on Thursday. And new plants on Friday!! Oops no home, ooh a bucket ! (Straight up I have housed a fish in a five gallon bucket with a filter and heater (bucket was only used for sealed containers of food.) ) He loved it in there, but he has his own tank now, of course. I want more more moooorrreeeeee! *evil laugh* ;)
Old 01-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #20 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
The only reason I don't have more is because my husband is very firm on how he feels about more fish. But it's really hard not to go behind his back <_<
Bummer on the hubby, Kithy. It's good to respect his wishes. :/ Do you think he could ever convert? What's one more right?

My guy personally just laughs at it, but never discourages me.