Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #16311 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergyMonster View Post
I got so much wrath from my instructor because I didn't understand APA formatting. The sad part was that he didn't teach me squat because he was an online teacher (as we all know, online classes are just read your book and take quizzes and assignments.) Another sad part was that I had to teach myself APA only for it to be an older style that ended having me lose more than 30% of my grade.
Yea mine is an online degree. The stupid textbook is so boring and has way to much information in it to remember. All they do is tell you that you did it wrong and to read the book. This is why my school openly says it is harder to get a degree online because the class standards are the same as in person but we have to learn most of it on our own with the instructor as back up. That is just their opinion though. My main problem is they tell me how to do it one way and in another professors class they yell at me for doing it that way and say I should know better by this point. How am I supposed to know better when all of them do it different ways?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #16312 
ThePearlFish

I gained a bunch of weight around my midsection in the past few weeks, yet I am too tired all the time to do anything about it. It is frustrating cus I will just keep gaining weight if I don't do something now.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #16313 
dramaqueen
Banned

I need to start eating healthier and exercising but I have no motivation.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #16314 
blu the betta

no problems for me. yay!!! i have a high matabolism but i hear it will start to slow down soon. but im sure that wont happen to me. from my own educated guess. dont fail me now!!!!
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #16315 
Shirleythebetta

depends. I never thought I would get fat either but it happened. I used to be a rail and had a great metabolism. I was even a model at one time... The thing is to learn to love yourself no matter what you look like because societies opinion doesn't matter. If they don't like it oh well. For me the only true reason to lose weight is if it affecting your health. It is possible to be fat and to be healthy no matter what any doctor says. There are even groups dedicated to being healthy at any size.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #16316 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
It is possible to be fat and to be healthy no matter what any doctor says.
+1

I'm slightly overweight and always have been, sometimes a little more overweight, sometimes less, and at one point was able to run circles around a "healthier" waif-thin friend at a dance class a year or so ago... Granted, I'm less fit since my back's been playing up, but "thin" doesn't necessarily mean healthy or fit. Healthy is healthy, regardless of size, fat or skinny.

I'd still like to lose a little weight, because I'd like to fit into my favourite outlandish clothes again before I'm too old to look good doing it, and so it's not so difficult to propel myself when I'm learning to skate, but that's about it...

Rant: I hate the zits my body sends to remind me of my female-ness, right before that time of the month. It's like a double-whammy: "Hey, y'know how you're irritable and how we're going to inconvenience you for the next week? Here, have some pimples as well, so you can feel insecure about your face. You're welcome!"
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #16317 
ThePearlFish

I was thin all my life up until about a couple months ago when I started gaining the weight. I normally has a metabolism that takes care of itself when it comes to regulating my body weight. This is why I think my issue is something going on with my body. Of course I will have a slower metabolism as I get older, but such a rapid change is unlikely to be that..

Rant for today (so far :P) I have soo much stuff to do today >.< And I don't want to do any of it! O.O
Old 01-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #16318 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu the betta View Post
no problems for me. yay!!! i have a high matabolism but i hear it will start to slow down soon. but im sure that wont happen to me. from my own educated guess. dont fail me now!!!!
I thought like that once.
I ate more than my own husband does. Now? I have a disgusting muffin top. Really frustrated with myself, because I've actually started eating healthier and yet I GAINED 5lbs!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #16319 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I was thin all my life up until about a couple months ago when I started gaining the weight. I normally has a metabolism that takes care of itself when it comes to regulating my body weight. This is why I think my issue is something going on with my body. Of course I will have a slower metabolism as I get older, but such a rapid change is unlikely to be that..

Rant for today (so far :P) I have soo much stuff to do today >.< And I don't want to do any of it! O.O

i wanted to ask if you have talked to your dr about your thyroid? to me it seems like that could be the cause of all your issues?
I just feel bad for you having soo much problems when you should be enjoying life because you only get one and it should be filled with wonderful joyous moments. If that doesnt work check out spirulina, it has alot of major properties that make it a super food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rant: having to dismantle an entire tank due to parasites heading to the lfs for some medication and water conditioner and food for the girls' two guppies.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #16320 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
i wanted to ask if you have talked to your dr about your thyroid? to me it seems like that could be the cause of all your issues?
I just feel bad for you having soo much problems when you should be enjoying life because you only get one and it should be filled with wonderful joyous moments. If that doesnt work check out spirulina, it has alot of major properties that make it a super food.
I have been tested for thyroid like 2-3 times over the past 3-5 years. >.<

I have also been tested for:
-Celiacs
-Diabetes
-Parasites
-Had BW done Multiple times over past 3-5yrs.
-Ulcers (twice)
-And I think a couple other things

I have poss. IBS and various womenly issues that should not take up space in this thread. Everything points to hormone imbalance. I swear it is. If it isn't............................................. ....

Tags
bettathanyou