Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #21 
Aleu

New pictures of Octane taken just now. He is going into shed. He will be moved to a bigger tub or, if he can handle it, an AP cage with thick tempered glass doors that lock.

Aleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #22 
pittipuppylove

Goodness, he's gorgeous! Thanks for the update I've heard really good things about the Animal Plastics cages - they seem really nice!

Yeah, I'll reword my part about the venomous to more accurately reflect my feelings... Given I had the training and experience to work with a venomous reptile, I probably would under the right circumstances. And at some point I'd like to learn how to safely work with them (for work - the joys of studying to be a conservation biologist), but pigs'll fly before I keep one as a "pet" in my house; given the security measures I've taken with my Argentine boa constrictor, it'd be insane to keep a hot. Until then, I'll stick to admiring them from a safe distance and keep to my boids.

It's just sad how many people have no idea what they're getting into when they pick up that little hatchling boa/burm/iguana/etc and then do something stupid like release them into the wild. Makes those of us who do keep them responsibly look bad and causes laws that really hurt responsible keepers - one of these laws is one ammendment away from making it a federal offense for me to take my boa to the vet because it's across state lines. Take note - it takes five minutes for me, living in Illinois, to get to an extremely capable herp vet in Iowa. Were I to have to go to a vet in Illinois to comply with this law, I'd have to drive at least an hour to get to a vet of the same caliber.

Last edited by pittipuppylove; 01-24-2013 at 03:50 PM.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

xD we had wood boards that had a hole for a handle, and a shield for your hand so she wouldn't snatch your fingers. It was awesome xD

Your snake is so pretty :3 I actually kinda miss having a snake. Except our escape artist who PMS'd.
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #24 
Newbettamommy13

He's beautiful! I Just Love snakes! My friends call me snake grl, Lol. I'm not able to have one though cause my mom doesn't like them and my grandma (who lives with us too) would freak out if we even considered bringing one in the house. Lol. Love your pictures!
Newbettamommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote