Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #11 
Elliriyanna

Is there any way to test my Betta? like I said I have never seen him flare other than when he got mad at my camera

I was going to buy a floating log but instead I bought a sinking one ... He does like to hang at the bottom of the tank and I figured when the plants grow he can always hang out on them.

I am thinking a species only ADF tank because I know I would be very hurt if he killed my ADF ... However I may try some ghost shrimp with him :)

Last edited by Elliriyanna; 01-25-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: color
Elliriyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #12 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliriyanna View Post
Is there any way to test my Betta? like I said I have never seen him flare other than when he got mad at my camera

I was going to buy a floating log but instead I bought a sinking one ... He does like to hang at the bottom of the tank and I figured when the plants grow he can always hang out on them.

I am thinking a species only ADF tank because I know I would be very hurt if he killed my ADF ... However I may try some ghost shrimp with him :)
Has he seen his reflection in a mirror yet? How does he act? My guess would be that if he acts very aggressive it's probably a good bet that he won't be very nice to the frog. Also, I think size may be an indicator possibly, too. I have a small-sized full-grown halfmoon who is semi-aggressive, but I really don't think he could do any harm so I am considering maybe trying a frog with him sometime in the future. You don't want to put a big betta in with a little frog.

Oh, great, I think that setup will be good for him :)

I don't have any experience with shrimp, so I can't give you any personal experience there, sorry.
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #13 
Elliriyanna

Hmm ... he has seen his reflection in the tank and he struts but doesn't flare or attack....

I am definitely not putting him in with ADF's I decided against that partly due to stocking ...

Old 01-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #14 
Elliriyanna

Finn's Log came :D Its smaller than described and he seems to prefer hiding behind it ...
Old 01-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #15 
Laki

Those floating logs seen great because bettas like to hang out around the water's surface! It will be nice to see when the plants come because he looks to be a little weighted down by his tail.
His color is just amazing though, the first pic he looked to be a dragon but I don't think he is anymore.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #16 
Elliriyanna

I got him a sinking log... My oddball likes the bottom of the tank lol. I know I feel so bad for the boys with the big tails and it doesn't help that this tank is running a 10 gallon filter ... I do plan to switch it out for a hagen mini elite down the road though

Thank you :) I don't know whats up with his face I know that is a typical dragon thing but he certainly isn't he is just a normal delta
Old 01-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #17 
Laki

You can fix the input and output easily with a pantyhose (wrapped around the bottom of your filter) and a sponge (attached to the output with elastic band). Just until it coes time for you to get the smaller filter.

This 10G filter would be great for those ADF's.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #18 
Elliriyanna

It is going to be for the ADF tank when I upgrade them to a 10 gallon but in a 5 the poor ADF's wouldn't stand a chance they are such weak swimmers.

I am planning on putting pantyhose over the intake both for Finn's sake and for his future shrimpy tankmates :)

My boyfriend is going to be tired of me when all is said and done lol 2 betta tanks and an ADF tank lol
Old 01-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #19 
Laki

Just on the wayside, be careful with ghost shrimp. I bought three and one died overnight-spiking the ammonia which killed the other 2 which put my old betta in a state of shock which killed him a week later.

Shrimp are sensitive!! Which is why I keep mine separate in their own tank now.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #20 
Elliriyanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Just on the wayside, be careful with ghost shrimp. I bought three and one died overnight-spiking the ammonia which killed the other 2 which put my old betta in a state of shock which killed him a week later.

Shrimp are sensitive!! Which is why I keep mine separate in their own tank now.
Oh wow I never had problems with them in my old tank ... I have red if you are a beginner RCS and Ghosts are best because they are less fragile.

Thank you for the warning :)